Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

Question fuel guage queries

Hello all,

Just want to get a few ideas and opinions before I take my fiesta to the mech.

I've got an issue with my fuel guage which has popped up a few weeks ago. I thought it would go away with time and fix itself but no deal.

So the problem is that when I go to fill the car up (to the click and a bit more), I pay for my petrol and hop back into my car. Turn on the ignition and my fuel guage is reading well below Full. This happened for a couple of weeks. Then last night, same deal, I filled to the click and turned the ignition. This time it went to about 3/4 full and then started to drop. Reached 1/4 and then began to rise again.

I am thoroughly confused as to why this is happening. I've done a google search and it's come up with a few answers. Problems with the sending unit, needing to replace the fuel sensor unit, putting a injector cleaning agent in with the fuel next time filling up.

Guess I just want to get your guys opinion on the issue. Solutions and advice, and maybe even a estimation on cost if I did need to take it to the mech.

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

It's not just me then. Thought I filled it up last time, but gauge only said between 3/4 & full. I only been getting 40L in it when it should be 45L when empty.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

If you are using 98 don't worry about the injector cleaner, I would say it is the sender unit in the tank.

Cheers
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
fiestars

i think mine is gone or about to go, in the past when i fill up the tank it wud say 660Km to empty now it only shows 570km to empty will see how it goes when i change the oil
fiestars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

mmm that's the thing, it just came out of a recent service.

Thanks for the input everyone. :]

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post