Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
GhiaGrifter
Fairmont 2AU

Default 2001 Fairmont Ghia - internal air fan knocking

Hello all I'm new. Pleased tameetchas.

Will I be killed for mentioning a Fairmont in this forum??
If this is the wrong forum for this question please direct me to the correct one.

I have a Fairmont Ghia, 2001 (for those who want the genital data, its a special edition fully Tickford'ized model, sunroof, high-end audio etc, bought for a song with less than 30000k on the clock - yes my head IS huge as a result!).

When the interior fan is on (heating or cooling, doesn't matter), there is now an annoying buzz/clicking from the left hand side vents. Its almost certainly a leaf or other foreign object trapped in the fan somewhere. The only fix at the moment is the long-trip-and-stereo-on-11 method.

Thing is - I have NO idea where to start looking. Is it likely to be something I can access from the engine bay or under the car? Under the dash? Should I be psyching up to actually remove the dash?

Are there any workshop manuals online for this model that anybody knows of?

Best Regs
Jon

GhiaGrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
peterban
AULTD

Remove glove box ( easy ) and then take out the silver module from the black box ( a couple of screws ) this will give you access for a vacuum cleaner nozzle.
You should be able to see the fan so spin it by hand and listen for funny noises.
Welcome to the Forums.
There are plenty of how to's just do a search
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
GhiaGrifter
Fairmont 2AU

Beautiful! Thank you I shall give it a try and also search around. Much appreciated.
GhiaGrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post