Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Rods Pontiac Pro Stock now Painted.

Paint was done by Macintyres Panel Shop and Action Body works both in Airport west.
Blue is from Nissan 350Z, Red stripe is suduction..yellow I cant remember we must have went through hundreds of yellow charts and samples.
Hugo has the Auto ready.
Now waiting on a full set of windows to come from the States.
New carby's and manifold to be fitted then its off to the engine dyno again.
Made 770 H/P last time, with a better breathing manifold and custom carby's should see 800 H/P.
I have some pictures from the engine dyno room I will post later.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Tuff looking beast Mark....what happened to the Monza ?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Fantastic looking paint scheme.. cant wait to see this one hit the track!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Very nice looking car, awesome looking paint work.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

When"s the expected play time going to happen ??? :Reverend:
Don"t want to miss this one :eclipsee_
Whoosha ..

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Tuff looking beast Mark....what happened to the Monza ?
Sold it minus motor and auto, went to a local so we should still see it around..
The motor he may still use to run in a different class...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
When"s the expected play time going to happen ??? :Reverend:
Don"t want to miss this one :eclipsee_
Whoosha ..
I will let you know, like a lot of these projects there always behind time, this started out as a feshin-up of the Monza engine over 2 years back.
Now its a new car, new George Haddad Built 440ci small block chev, which will also need a walk in trailer for the cars home and tools, we plan on doing the odd interstate meet when time permits.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
rodderz

Thats come up pretty good, I bet Rod's happy with the result. Like the monza it'sa got the prime pozzy in the workshop too

Looking foreward to seeing him give it a few test runs when all is ready

Has he added a passenger seat for you Mark?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #8
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

Has he added a passenger seat for you Mark?
Nope that's for him..lol..
Like always he says I must have a steer, I will leave that to him I dont think I have a 8 sec pass in me.. :
I will keep playing crew chief its safer... :gren:

Old 06-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Out of interest Mark, the title says Pro Stock and the story says it's an Auto, i don't know much about Pro Stock but i thought they ran a jerrico manual gearbox or similar or is the car destined for a different class. Just curious that's all.

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #10
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Out of interest Mark, the title says Pro Stock and the story says it's an Auto, i don't know much about Pro Stock but i thought they ran a jerrico manual gearbox or similar or is the car destined for a different class. Just curious that's all.

Cheers Craig
It was last raced as a Pro Stock and still has clutch pedal, the age of this car means it cant run in pro-stock any more not sure if that's a rule or just wouldn't be competitive in that class.
Also the engine being a 440ci that's outside there rules too I think..
Having 2 engines will allow him to choose between 2 other classes, the 440ci will be the main set-up.

Pro Stock is one of my favourite classes, close racing and tight rules means all set-ups are very similar.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #11
BJ
Banned

I take it it hasn't been cut and polished yet.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #12
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
I take it it hasn't been cut and polished yet.
Correct paint is still to fresh, will wait for around 8 weeks after painting.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
Chris
AFF.com.au

440 inch motor in Super stock will limit you to A/gas or A/AP in Comp eliminator.

6 second pass in A/AP by johnsy, very tough class, needing at least 1300 NA HP before even thinking about stepping onto the track. Its a class that needs a $250K per year budget to stay on top of engine tech and clutch issues. also, 1.0 sixty foots kept him awake......nice guy johnsy, bought a ray franks clutch off him years ago.

Pro stock gearbox of choice is the Libetry, with a few guys running G/force's. Jerico's are mostly used in Bgas and other gas and MP classes.

Looks like a good motor/car setup for super comp (8.90) or a fast super gas - there is always the super sedan class, a lot of ex pro cars with "inbetween" motors find themselves there.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2007, 11:05 PM   #14
SpoolMan

These Pictures and small Videos were taken on my old Nokia (poor quality), next time its on the engine dyno I will use a Video Camera, I had to leave my phone in the Dyno room once the engine was put under load only George was in there for 1 minute and it was tuned.
The carbys and manifold don't breath enough for the engine set-up, this is to be changed and back on the engine dyno.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image058.jpg (35.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Image059.jpg (32.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Image062.jpg (35.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Image063.jpg (36.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Image065.jpg (28.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Image079.jpg (31.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Image078.jpg (24.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Image071.jpg (35.8 KB, 37 views)

Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #15
BJ
Banned

Who's dyno is George using now or has he finally got his own. I know he use to use Ray's at warlord.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:12 AM   #16
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
Who's dyno is George using now or has he finally got his own. I know he use to use Ray's at warlord.
I am not sure if he owns this one it was in a factory in Croydon somewhere around there, looks a dated set-up still does the job though.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #17
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I am not sure if he owns this one it was in a factory in Croydon somewhere around there, looks a dated set-up still does the job though.
Ah OK. He is still using Rays old one. Thought as much. You would think after all theses years he would have his own by now.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #18
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
Ah OK. He is still using Rays old one. Thought as much. You would think after all theses years he would have his own by now.
He doesn't have the room, his brother doing the Russell pans takes up most of the workshop.
You may also find that George has some sort of stake in that set-up now.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #19
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

The engine dyno in Croydon was never Rays and may be dated but does a good job. Thats the only dyno I have seen George use recently and is always making big numbers.
I know in the past alot of the Pro Stock guys used that dyno and where always happy.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
BZINGA