Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
ianw100
Starter Motor

Default AU3 Auto Selection problem

We have had our AU3 I6 wagon for ten months now and it has been fine. Fitted with gas conversion last October, very happy with it. Over the last several months when first started in the day it usually will not select any gears, moving the selector to each position it just stays in neutral. After about 30 seconds it comes good, and is fine for the rest of the day. It has done 140k and the auto was serviced about 12k ago. Would appreciate any suggestions as to what might be wrong/how to fix it.

ianw100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Mine does it sometimes. I just keep moving it till it clicks in. I have heard that if you are parking on a hill, and have low tranny fluid, it can all go to the back of the auto, and it wont select a gear.
Also, it takes about thirty second after you start your car for the fluid to gain pressure, so you should try not to drive until then anyway.
Hope that helps.
Old 16-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
alpineau

I had a similar problem to what you’re having now except I could not select 1, 2, 3, manually, the car drove fine in d and went into park and neutral but not the other gears. I took it to an auto shop and it turned out for be the gear selection switch on the outside of the gear box. Basically this switch tells the gear box what position the gear leaver is in (I think that is close to what he told me)

I was also told it happens because it sits out side the gear box and it's not water proof and it seizes causing it to stop selecting gears

Hope that helps
Cheers
AlpineAU
CURRENT - 2009 FG G6E BLUE 6 SPEED AUTO
alpineau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post