Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default White Cluster Face..

Is this a good quitaly one?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Falcon-A...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

Simon

OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #2
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

I've read through these forums that they warp after a few weeks, doesn't sound very desirable
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Don't do it Simon. If you really want white dials upgrade to the xr-cluster (very easy) and fit the proper ford item ones, it costs more but you wont regret it.

Iv had those ones before they are cut poorley, light up poorley, scratch easy and have small defects and warp from the heat of the bulbs in the cluster. This causes the dials to get a slight wobble in them which will put pressure on this like tacho/speedo and make them go jerky. Also its annoying with those ones as since the icon's are cut out rather then made into the plastics when you have your lights on some of the light spills over and makes the little icons glow constantly, I found it very annoying.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #4
josh_hartman
Banned

i just posted the same thing about 5 days ago. its 50/50 by the sounds off it. i bought some and should be here today or tomorrow. i will let you know how they are
josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #5
josh_hartman
Banned

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=85906

have a read of that
Old 12-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
Don't do it Simon. If you really want white dials upgrade to the xr-cluster (very easy) and fit the proper ford item ones, it costs more but you wont regret it.

Iv had those ones before they are cut poorley, light up poorley, scratch easy and have small defects and warp from the heat of the bulbs in the cluster. This causes the dials to get a slight wobble in them which will put pressure on this like tacho/speedo and make them go jerky. Also its annoying with those ones as since the icon's are cut out rather then made into the plastics when you have your lights on some of the light spills over and makes the little icons glow constantly, I found it very annoying.
Alright luckily i asked first! Cause that would annoy the crap out of me too!

The XR Cluster doesn't have the white background does it?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Simon
Old 12-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
josh_hartman
Banned

what series is your car? if its a S1 like mine than its really hard to find the tickford white faced gauges as the warning lights are different to S2 and S3
Old 12-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #8
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_hartman
what series is your car? if its a S1 like mine than its really hard to find the tickford white faced gauges as the warning lights are different to S2 and S3
Mines a S1 Forte mate...
Old 12-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
josh_hartman
Banned

yeh i looked for ages to find the tickford gauges. i had no luck. its all S2 and 3. thats why i took a risk with this guy. they still havnt come though:(
Old 12-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Hopefully.....

*Touch wood* that u wont have a problem!