Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Default Rear fender guards

He guys, I was in the snowy mountains the other day and had to go down some logging route which was pretty much a D grade half dirt road which led to somehow my rear fender guards (The stuff on the inside of the fender between the metal and tyres) getting bent and rubbing on the tyres.

I managed soem road side repairs to stop them rubbing but im going from 195 tyres to 205 soon so they will probably rub again.

Does anyone know how much they cost at ford or if I can run without them?

Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Just do what i did. put a small hole in the base of the guard and stick a cable tie through it and hook it up to the chassis. Ill see if i can find a piccie
Old 07-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pi you should just get rid of them, you're gonna need to cut through some metal to fit the 22's anyway, and no this is not open for discussion :P
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
Lplus

Hmmm, sounds like you're talking about the wheelarch liners, the plastic shields that stop mud and that getting up into the wheel arches.

Personally, I woudn't leave them out, if nothing else they stop stones and whatnot getting thrown up into the arches and damaging the protection (which is probably minimal since the liners are there). Result, lots of noise and corrosion.

If they're touching the tyres they may have got bent or is something is jammed up behind them?

if you're changing from 195 to 205 tyres what size wheels are you using?
Lplus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The both got bent but the passenger side is much worse. I managed to bend it back so they don't touch now but they still don't ahve enough clearance for the new tyres. Ill try Damos solution.

Im getting the Ford optional 16's put on. I got a good deal on ebay
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post