Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #1
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Default Jaycar Kevlar Splits: are they good?

Hi All,

I was looking at getting a couple of splits and was wondering if anyone has used or has any idea of the Jaycar Kevlar splits. Are they any good or should I go with Kicker or something?

-AU Falcon Wagon 4.0L Still Stock
-80 Series LandCruiser 4.5 LPG
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

there a good bang for your buck, there not bad even better if u amp them though
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

they will be run by an amp. i think these are abt $150 and the kickers i have about $230. so i was wondering which would be a better choice
Old 21-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

i talk to this guy at Jaycar all the time, kevlar and response are sold there. he cant praise them enough!

he told me that for the money, there one of the best on the market. he also said that they use high quality materials for there kevlar speakers but dont charge for it, thats why there cheap.

once i can afford new speakers i'll be getting kevlars.
Old 21-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Cool - Will have a look tomorrow. Need something good to go on the ute since theres not much space for subs etc
Old 21-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
DNKPWR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These are pretty good value for money!! of course there are still better brands out there depends how much ur willing 2 spend... Must amp these speakers!!
Old 21-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #7
BADan

Best bang for buck speakers you can buy. Have a set of splits off an amp, they sound fantastic for what they cost. You can get better, but it will cost you a lot more.
BADan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Won best splits of the year in Car Audio Australia Mag, mainly cos of the price, basically ur getting the same quality as some 500-600 dollar splits.
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
zhodak
Shakern, not stirred

I agree with all the above posts, I have a set in my ute. Great sounding gear
New toy, 2005 TX RWD Territory, Black, optioned with Ex JC Cross 5 19's soon to be matt black alloys in 19x8.5, cruise and tinted glass, tricky pedals, JVC Head Unit in the what use to be tissue holder, reversre camera, Ford window shades, JC sourced cargo blind, MOMO wheel (in black of course). MB Quartz 2 ways in rear doors and Precision Response 6" Kevlar splits in front doors, LED DRL's, fog lights with angel eyes and Castle Headers, Hurricane cat and XR8 Hotdog
zhodak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #10
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Cool JayCar it is....
Old 21-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #11
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
...basically ur getting the same quality as some 500-600 dollar splits.
exactly right!! kevlar just dont charge for it like pretty much every other brand do. why pay 500- 600 bucks for say pioneer splits when kevlar are $150 and are just as good if not better!
Old 21-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #12
335JET
@jas_23_

what sort of amp would you need to power these.
whats wrong with powering them from the deck
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

response amps are once again great value and again one of the best on the market. great amps these are. you could power them off the deck but an amp is ALWAYS going to sound a hell of a lot better!
Old 21-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #14
335JET
@jas_23_

ive got a responce amp powering my sub, its a 2 channel, its bridged producing 500wrms, can i use the same amp to power the splits or will it be to much load.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #15
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR
ive got a responce amp powering my sub, its a 2 channel, its bridged producing 500wrms, can i use the same amp to power the splits or will it be to much load.
should be pretty safe mate. check how much the sub eats then how much the splits will eat. add em up and hope it under 500 (by 50 to be safe) and u sweet.

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #16
DNKPWR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best bet would be 2 get a 4ch amp...gives u more option with wiring up speakers and sub
Old 22-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #17
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR
im going to assume your running a 4 ohm sub, the amp is stable at 2ohm hence its seeing 2ohm when bridged. You wouldnt run the splits of this amp with the sub cos hopefully the low pass filter is on, your out of channels and so on and so forth. Either buy a monoblock for the sub and keep the 2 chan for the splits, or keep the 2 chan for the sub and buy another one for the splits. Or, buy a 4chan, bridge the rears for the sub and run the fronts of the other two channels. Easy

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 01:17 AM   #18
Fairmont4me
EL Fairmont and EF Daily

My whole setup is, well goin to be, havent gt it all installed yet. everything is response precision apart from my pioneer deck and pioneer subs. Those splist are awesome there running of a 4 x 50wrms amp at moment untiul i gt my boot setup then theyl be off a 4 x 130 wrms. The kevlar cone looks awesome to
Fairmont4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post