Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

Default Price for new/reco head??

hey guys after on going problem with coolant tank bubbling and so forth my head gasket let go for the second time in about 9 months

i spoke to a different mechanic who preformed a hydrocarbon test in my overflow tank and it showed that there was 1450ppm in the overflow tank itself. he told me there should only be bout 30-40 max.

im getting the current hed pressure tested and cracked tested and if it is ok he will put it back on the car $650 with new coolant, plugs graphite gasket ect.

if not he will replace the head for $950

just wanting to know if that is too much or not

cheers
brendan

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar

Last edited by RepSpec; 15-11-2006 at 09:53 PM.
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
Skooter

That sound about right my head was replaced with a new water pump, thermostat and other bits and bobs for just over 1g.
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

yer thats a good price even cheeper doing it your self, i need to do mine and im just looking at new motors with less km's
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post