Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Default Does anyone want to Buy a Projector.... ?

Hi All...

I hope I am not breaking any rules by offering a new Projector for Sale.

I have got a Brand New Sony VPLVW12HT Home theatre projector in the box for sale. This is simply an awesome unit, one of the best I have ever seen operating. ( I have seen about 20 working )

These sold in certain stores from 2003-Current. I know 2 people who paid $8000 for this model 18 months ago.

This ia Brand NEw in the box

Asking Price - $2900

If anyone is interested, please reply with your email and I will contact you. ( I am in Qld )

Here is the link

http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/ho...erm=projectors

VPLVW12HT is the successor to Sony's widely acclaimed VW10/VW11 Home Cinema Projectors. This true widescreen projector features improvements in terms of Contrast Ratio, giving it vastly increased levels of true blacks for fantastic image reproduction and a new detachable Cinema Filter to enhance skin tones. New User Gamma Adjustment Software - "Image Director", allows for fine individual adjustments of Red, Green, Blue via your PC and the RS232C port. VW12 utilises Sony's 3 Panel LCD technology, which is perfect for moving video and colour reproduction. A variety of inputs means that this dedicated Home Cinema Projector is perfect for any Cinema enthusiast, as well as being DTV/HDTV Ready.
Available in Limited Stores

Projection system: 3 LCD panels, 1 lens projection system
LCD panels: 1.35-inch p-Si TFT LCD panel 3,147,264 (1,049,088 x 3) pixels
Projection Lens: 1.2 times zoom lens, F2.2 to 2.5, f44.6 to 53.6mm
Lamp: 200 W UHP
Screen coverage: 40 to 300 inches (16:9, viewable area, measured diagonally)
Light output: 1000 ANSI lumens (16:9) 750 ANSI lumens (4:3 or Cinema Black Mode)

AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

For anybody looking at this. If it is brand new in the box it would be a bargain. Ive got the 10HT and the picture is great. Combine this with a 100" screen and youve got your own movie theatre.

Bulbs are expensive though. Gotta get me a bulb for mine.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Thanks for the vote of confidence.... you are right, it is dam awesome.... ( it is brand new in the box ! )... Bulb is about $440, , should last 3000 hours !

AC/DC
Old 25-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

lol. my bulb should have lasted 2000, but went seriously dim (unwatchable) at about 900 odd hours. I wouldnt put too much weight on what the manufacturer tells you about bulb life.

We were using ours evrey day though and the more you use it the less hours you will get on the bulb.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

My Panasonic PTAE-900 gets used about 4 hours a week....

My eyesight is slowly going, , at the young age of 35, , so I spend more time watching movies and sports on the plasma !

AC/DC