Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

Default Buying an EB XR8

Hey guys,

im currently looking at a 92 EB XR8 that i want to buy, the car looks and sounds very nice, but it has tickford wings on it, but im not sure if it is an actual tickford XR....would there be anyway of cheacking this?

and alos are there any other things that i sould look at or be aware of in purchasing this car?

Thanks
Juz

JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

im will post up a few pics of it on monday when i get another chance to look at it, atm it is dumped as, sittin on 17' AU Tickfords, the paintwork is immaculate im not sure what the patin is called but is a charcoalie black with red n white fleks hrough it, its dual fuel and apparently has stainless steel extractors....more info once i check it out some more
Old 11-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

err... check the plate under the bonnet?
xr's start with a Z dont they?

how much is it? soundz like a nice falcon either way!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Juz,
EB XR8 did not come with Tickford wings only ED and later.
If it has red n white fleks in it, that would suggest it has had a repaint.

If you like, Post the engine and tranz codes and I will check the manual for ya.
There is nothing under the bonnet to distingush a XR8 over a GL V8..
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

sweet as, ill grab the number 2mrw, im only paying $7000, thats with new tyres n brakes and a road worthy....sounds like a sweet deal to me!.....the current owner id takeing the AU tickfords off it tho, and putting a set of 17' for territory mags onto it.....how original is that!