Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Default Email Help Request II

Im not sure if you can help me but its worth a try.I own an NA series II Multipoint injected 6cyl and for some reason it seems to be idling rough but only when it is in drive.Say for instance in my driveway in neutral it will be fine sitting at about 1000rpm.At the lights in drive itll be revving about 600rpm and be a bit shakey.as soon as a put my foot down it surges before driving perfectly fine again.Its recently had new plugs,fuel and air filter and while i was at it i cleaned out the throttle body the rotor button and distributor cap appear to be in fine order.Auto fluid looks fine and the exhuast system has been replaced but yet the problem still persists. the only things i can think of is either bad fuel (Car had been sitting around in a car yard for around a month) or the coil has had it.Ive checked for a head gaskett problem ie milky oil or coolant and it all appears to be fine.If you have any ideas please do let me know.I work at Tyrepower and the mechanics seem to be baffled and have no idea (either that or too lazy to help).I have filled in a request for membership on the site and hope to be a full member of the club very soon.Anyway thank you for your time.
FROM Nathan (NATH)

ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I would probably say coil.

I remember in my old EA that when the coil went, along with the dizzy (CFI, not MPFI), that it did the same sort of thing.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
hako
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Regularly gives valued, considered advice to others. 

It shouldn't be sitting at 1000rpm in neutral - more around 700rpm so that is a clue ( but I dont know what for). Our EB MPFI also suffers from an initial hesitation when in first gear.
hako is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
Nath
NA Series II

Thanks for the advice.Will have to check those things out.Probably a good idea i replace the coil anyway considering i just brought the car and i dont know when it was last replaced.Thanks again.
Nath is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:36 AM   #5
hako
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Regularly gives valued, considered advice to others. 

Maybe also put a bottle of injector cleaner through the tank.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
Nath
NA Series II

Sorry meant 1000rpm in park not neutural.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

re-read post, please delete

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #8
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Did you fit new leads ???
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #9
hako
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Park and neutral should be identical.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #10
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Do those use a tps to sense throttle postions.. Im thinking one may be out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #11
Nath
NA Series II

Yeah i fitted anew set of bosch leads today to replace the ICE ones i had in it didnt make a difference though!Whats a tps?throttle positioning system?