Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 13-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
iconic83

Default brand new MY2003 focus?

hi my parents are looking to trade in their honda accord for a smaller car. i've mentioned the vw golf and ford focus as decent replacements. given my personal bias for decent handling 'drivers' cars, i would prefer the old focus. however my parents are adverse to the idea of 2nd hand cars.

im just wondering if anyone has any contacts with car dealers who have a new old focus they wanna flog off.

btw we have yet to test drive the said cars yet, maybe this weekend!

thanks!
peter

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

you might find some dealers have the LR Focus still new in stock at a discounted price to the new LS model.

Covers both your wants and your parents doesnt it? LR and Brand New?
Old 13-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Dealer here has about 8 SR models in stock, thats basically LR with alloys and aircon and ****y little badging.

However I wouldnt send anybody to buy a car from there.

It should be a similar story with other dealers though.
Old 13-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Where are you?

Dealers do have a few, most are manuals and most are CLs as most of the SR's are gone...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

My local dealer still have 2 ZetecR's if im not wrong....... one even has leather! Though they may have been a demo.....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Damn Zetec R's would be pretty rare now, especially brand new!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'd say that a dealer could track down some new LR Foci for you easily enough if thats what you were after, with a good price! Can only ask and see how they go!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #8
iconic83

hi thanks for the replies. we live in brisbane. i'm not 100% sure on the model numbers, but we are after an auto with 2.0l engine. that is the LR model right? the ZetecR is basically a LR with visual enhancements ie same 2.0l engine?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

ZetecR is the LR Zetec. Which means in addition to the Std Zetec it got the 17inch rims, rear spolier, aluminium pieces inside and ZetecR badging. (think thats waht the extra bits were......look further back in posts and you should find a thread on the ZetecR somewhere)
Old 14-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #10
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Sorry, let's clear this up to make things a bit easier.

LR Focus is the out going shape. LS Focus is the new shape.

In the LR Focus range, you have these trim levels:
CL (1.8L manual, 2.0 auto)
LX (1.8L manual, 2.0 auto)
Zetec (2.0L manual, 2.0 auto)
ZetecR (2.0L manual, 2.0 auto)
Ghia (2.0 auto)
ST170 (2.0L manual)

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post