Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
ladderman
Starter Motor

Default AUIII Fairmont Climate Control Resetting itself

In the last month, the climate control system in my AUIII Fairmont has been occasionally resetting itself on engine start.

When it does this, the display goes "all on" for about 5 seconds or so, then comes up with default settings. (Off and 22 degrees).

As with the best problems, this wasn't happening every time I started up. Perhaps strangely, it happened mostly when I started up to go home from work. Once it is up, it's working fine. It's just annoying to have to reset the temp back to a more reasonable 20 degrees.

I did a manual reset of the CC system (held down Off and Floor buttons) and didn't see the problem for a couple of weeks, but now it's back again.

Has anybody seen this one before? Any ideas why this might be happening?

Roy...

ladderman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ours did this all the time, AU II Fairmont, the screen number then started to fade.. I think we had the unit replaced twice under warranty but gave up on the car once the BA came out.. Id say its got something to do with the climate module interface and heat.

It is annoying, doesnt seem to be a fix for it either.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #3
AU3FAIRMONT

yea it happens on my au 3 fairmont every couple of weeks. but alll up there a good car. extractors and exhaust on my car soon. its going to sound awesome. maybe reset the whole comp in the car maybe? don't know!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

Try contacting the guys on ebay that do the cluster fixes for the climate screens. If anyone would know it'll be them as they fix hundreds of them.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post