Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-09-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Finding People

I'm trying to locate a person for whom we have very little details about. Needle in a hay stack, but we have to locate this person. Does anyone know good places to start. Web Site's preferable. We have very limited information. So really what I'm after is I'm trying to locate a person and I don't know where to start. I have some details. I was just hoping there are public records i can access over the web. This person is in South Australia.

Anyway, if you any good sites, please post them here. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Buckie

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you tried white pages on line ?

also there are data bases that companies use for mail outs etc which could help.

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
EA2BA
PM me if you want

try doing old school friends web sites, you might get a hit.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #4
Kryton

are they old enough to vote? have they voted?
if so the they will be on a list of registered voters (cant think what its called or where you view it) which under the freedom of information act, is available for everyone to view.
it will tell you where their last known postal address was.
hope that helps some.
a quick Google has found this:

The Electoral Act 2002 requires the VEC to make specified enrolment information available to:
The public
An electoral roll is available for inspection by members of the public at the VEC's office at lecel 8, 505 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, during normal business hours. The roll that is available to the public contains name and address information and can be searched by name only.
The State Library of Victoria
The VEC provides a copy of the electoral roll produced for each State election to the State Library of Victoria - Genealogy. These rolls contain name and address information only.

Last edited by Kryton; 14-09-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 10:05 PM   #5
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try the Salvos they have a good success rate in finding ppl.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 11:42 PM   #6
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
if so the they will be on a list of registered voters (cant think what its called or where you view it) which under the freedom of information act, is available for everyone to view.
hope that helps some.

The Electoral Act 2002 requires the VEC to make specified enrolment information available to:
The public
An electoral roll is available for inspection by members of the public at the VEC's office at lecel 8, 505 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, during normal business hours. The roll that is available to the public contains name and address information and can be searched by name only.
The VEC provides a copy of the electoral roll produced for each State election to the State Library of Victoria - Genealogy. These rolls contain name and address information only.
Wow, thats pretty scary actually

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #7
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

lucky i dont vote then

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:05 PM   #8
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XR6
Wow, thats pretty scary actually
Yeah, that was the first thing I thought when I saw that, very scary indeed.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #9
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't be scared by the electoral rolls even if you don't vote you can be found....elect bill,phone bill,drivers licence etc...its very hard these days to not be found unless you can arrange a complete change of I.D.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 15-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #10
347Stroker
Banned

Video memberships is one of the Police's greatest ways of finding people.....
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #11
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Don't be scared by the electoral rolls even if you don't vote you can be found....elect bill,phone bill,drivers licence etc...its very hard these days to not be found unless you can arrange a complete change of I.D.
How about if you change you name, I know of someone who did that years ago when they got out of a really abusive relationship so they couldn't find them...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 11:12 PM   #12
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
How about if you change you name, I know of someone who did that years ago when they got out of a really abusive relationship so they couldn't find them...
Yes that's one way but when you change your name it should be legal as in deed poll but there is always the prob of tfn,bank accts,elect /ph bill etc it can be done by the person themself but takes time or if in a witness protection scene a hell of a lot quicker.

It just depends on whether your prepared to accept low pay i.e cash in hand so as not to be visible to the tax man etc...you pay all in cash have no credit cards have no bank acct...and keep moving from rental to rental especially caravan parks/motels.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 15-09-2005, 11:15 PM   #13
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
hope that helps some.

The public
The accuracy of these roles are quite questionable to be sure. the rules for accessing these roles differ from one state to another(in NSW for example you need to provide reason to access these details), and it it entirely possible for the persons name to be ommitted from the role for quite a variety of reasons (I can give you a short list of 15-20 reasons off the top of my head.)
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #14
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
The accuracy of these roles are quite questionable to be sure. the rules for accessing these roles differ from one state to another(in NSW for example you need to provide reason to access these details), and it it entirely possible for the persons name to be ommitted from the role for quite a variety of reasons (I can give you a short list of 15-20 reasons off the top of my head.)
Why would you have a list stuck to your head?
Old 15-09-2005, 11:27 PM   #15
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, thats just wierd.