Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Default need to find a program

Hello all

Im looking for a program that will allow me to burn my mp3's onto a CD having crossfading between tracks. My mates these days ask me to bring along all the music to parties, and i reckon it would be cool to have a CD with tracks already mixed and crossfaded etc. The norm is to take my CD's and use a laptop connected to a stereo and pake a playlist with winamp or whatever, and cross fade that way, but lately noone has had a laptop i could borrow.

Anyone know of anything out there? Freeware preffered (of course)

Cheers

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #2
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Umh, Nero Media Player is meant to do it. I know it's not freeware, but if someone you know, or.....um.....ANOTHER source.....has it, then you could try it.

There are really good ways to do it, but would require mixing it on a PC to an external source.

If all else fails, find a web radio station that plays what you want and rip the stream as an MP3 and burn it to disc. For instance, I have done this (by ripping my own station) and have a CD in the car that runs for 18.5 hours
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 08:40 PM   #3
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

i gots nero but it only has an option for no pause between tracks, but because some files have a big break at the start or end it doesnt really work :(

just dload mega remixes lol i ahve a 72 minute initial D remix lol its awsome!!!

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 08:45 PM   #4
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I use Nero, and tick the no pause between tracks and if the program has a quiet or silent start I use Sony Sound Forge to edit them, theres probably freeware programs that do the same as soundforge, or get soundforge the same way I did *cough* *cough*
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Hey Champ me gots nero 6 also & it allows you to choose the fade time inbetween tracks...
Look alil closer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have one of these thinggys. Dont ask me how to work it ..... but the kids can I think.

Its called OTS CD Scratch. It came on a freebie disc ..... not sure if it was a PC World one or the disc thats called the Ultimate PC Upgrade kit DVD ........

I know its free ware so if you would like & I can I could email it to you ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 03:07 AM   #7
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Thanks guys

yes turns out the retail version of nero has the crossfading feature, however i have some OEM crap that wont let me do it :( Tried to update and all that but still no good

Am chasing down a copy of the retail version now

Thanks again

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #8
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
Sony Sound Forge
Sonic Foundry Sound Forge

It's the best for sound editing, You shouldn't have much trouble finding it at all. Just import all the tracks and add fading within each one, and then burn it to a CD
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post