Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Default Car Park Incident.

This morning, while I had my car parked at a local supermarket, a woman ran her car into mine, got out, inspected the damage, apparently laughed then sped off.

A witness watched this, she said there was a loud bang, she watched the woman do her thing and after she had left she had checked to see if she had slipped her details under my wiper, which she hadn't. She got the licence plate of the cow and gave me her details after she waited in her car for me to finish my shopping (this sort of thing happens rarely in Sydney these days).

Considering her description of what happened, there's very minimal damage on the front guard on the passenger side, some paint transfer which I was able to scratch off with a nail and some scratches that will likely buff out very easily. If she hadn't told me about what happened, I doubt I would ever have noticed it.

My dilemma is whether I should bother reporting this to police since it's that minor and I doubt it's something I'd even bother my insurance company with, or should I try and get the cow nailed because of the lack of respect she showed to my (expensive) property. Had she left her details, I probably would have tossed them and buffed the scratches out, to be honest. What would be the recourse of the police if I was to report it, would it be considered a hit and run?

What would you do if it happened to you?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets see how much of a joke it is when the police go knocking on her door. An accident is an accident, but when a person is smug about it and couldn't be bothered to leave a note, i think deserves taking it as far as you can. Might teach her that there are consequences to actions. I hate people like this.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #3
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Take her down, definitely report her, she can't just laugh then drive off then expect to get away with it, it's wrong and she'll probably do it again.
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 07:47 PM   #4
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

mate.
i feel for ya. i have SOOOOO many shoppoing car park dings its not funny, and not one person fessed up and left a note... cowards!

i would track her down ya self mate... but that is just me!

OR report it to the cops if you can be bothered!
That woman that stayed by your car is, well....
That is VERY nice of her to do that! i would have bought her lunch! lol

I can probably be safe by thinking that this had a piece of sh!t commodore and saw your car ( guessing it s a nice late model FORD ) and decided to park like a moron and hit it!
:
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if you were in NZ you could go to your local post office, pay them $5 and hand over her rego, they would supply you with her name and address and you could pay the silly b*tch a visit yourself. Lucky for you guys it's not that easy.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
mutanti
Turbo

report her,
Get a new paint job on the guard at her expense.
See if she laughs then :(
Had someone back into the laser twice within a year.
Lucky that we got both people sorted out as the paint was as new before,
Same guard both times.
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Nail the b*tch. I wouldn't go chasing a respray, if it can buff out it'll look better than a respray on one panel ever would. Do it on principal.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #8
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i'd report them, theres no harm. Although the cops here in vic would sit on their hands (they did with the wife a few years ago), but NSW may be different.

The wife got some suburbs and a surname from the cops, which we could have used for insurance, but works out we found out where the guy lives a few months later after spotting him driving, we remembered the plate & car type. Put it this way...he'll never do it again... :
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #9
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

You won't get much out of chasing her. The police won't really care too much, but it might give her a good scare.

Even though I work in a supermarket I refuse to park in the carpark now.
I was told that one of the trolley guys had his feet on my bonnet when I had the XD.

It means that I have to walk a block in the dark cold mornings to get into work, but at least the car is as safe as it can be outside of my garage at home.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

By all means follow it up and let constable plod do his thing. We had a woman once put her towball right through the front bar of our lexcen - destroyed the front bar, and she drove off.
Luckily the same thing happened to us - somebody saw her do it and left her details. Got the $$$ out of her but only after the insurance companies went head to head, and she was threatened with legal action. The bar wasnt worth that much but its the simple fact of the matter that if you damage somebody elses car you are required (both by law and by simple common decency) to leave your details.

And in a huge twist to the story, I found that when I went to work at Ford, she was in the same department I was. She never worked out who I was but I certainly made it known that the owner of the Blue Jackaroo wasnt in our good books. She could never look at me after that :.
Old 27-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #11
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I certainly made it known that the owner of the Blue Jackaroo wasnt in our good books.
the guy that hit my wifes old fairmont was a holden driver too... a pattern perhaps!?

ok sorry! Couldn't resist.. : didn't want this to turn into another holden thread.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #12
rodderz

Rod I'd let the police know even though there was minor damage

It could stop her from doing the same thing to someone else another time too

It could also be reassuring that if the cops give her a house call to give her a bit of a warning she poo's her panties a bit!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #13
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate i would report her, i hate people that do that, as it almost happened to me, but luckily my alarm went off and my mates parents ran out of their house (i was out drinking) and got the guy.. now i have a nicley painted front bar.
DUMTEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #14
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

i feel for you mate, My mandarin baby was smacked up the passenger door by some drunken idiots pushin each other around in a shopping trolley one night. Never found them either!

Its been at the Painters for a week now, and the bill is gettin to the $2k mark. My insurance company is gunna hate me!

I'd be chasing it up for sure....
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #15
XRQTOR
Banned

Hang the out to dry.

Lol at telling the cops, i had a tool run up my mates **** and he inturn he got shunted into me. $235o to my car $6,ooo to my mates car and probally the same to his own. Copper's pulled up as we all pulled over (within 3o Seconds) and couldn't give two s. The driver even told them he wasn't insured as he had only just bought the car and they still didn't even take names or any form of a report, one copper said to me there's hardly any damage to your car i wouldn't worry about it. After saying some stuff i really shouldn't have i explained how it was a brand new car and worth $6o,ooo so of course i was ****ed. Now this is dodging phone calls and is never home.

My excess is Nearly $3,ooo so i have to chase him myself. Arggggggg
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #16
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Lets see how much of a joke it is when the police go knocking on her door. An accident is an accident, but when a person is smug about it and couldn't be bothered to leave a note, i think deserves taking it as far as you can. Might teach her that there are consequences to actions. I hate people like this.
I'm with ya mate. Take the disrespectful mole down.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 10:04 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

mate what she done is not right but if you are not concerned give her a break .you reap what you so . it will come back on you .one day someone will give you a break . not that you will have to be dishonest about it . its one in the bag for you . that is the way i see it.
if there was damage i'd say bring her down but because there is bare minimum cop it sweet it will come back to you.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #18
FordFan86
meow

You have her rego, from that you can find out where she lives, and more than likely where her car is parked.... the rest i shouldn't have to explain. If you want chase her legally 1st, then go for the car.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #19
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
You have her rego, from that you can find out where she lives, and more than likely where her car is parked.... the rest i shouldn't have to explain. If you want chase her legally 1st, then go for the car.
How do you find out where she lives. The coppers certainly wont give you the rego. There are laws protecting peoples privacy.
Old 27-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #20
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Report her, People like this should be dragged out and shot, forgetting the law, its just not the Australian way to be jack.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #21
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Honestly just let it go.

You will be better off for it.

My wife is the worlds worst parker. french from Paris and if you have ever been you will understand why 'touch' parking is just normal.

Anyway her Citroen has dents and scratches all round and one day cops come and ask all these questions about her damaging someones car while parking which she doesn't remember (probably honestly) and invites the cops to look at her car which they do and then laugh out loud and walk away.

So they write it up and had a good laugh. get your insurance comapny involved if there was any real over $500 damage otherwise let it go. you just can't help or teach some people you know.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #22
347Stroker
Banned

I believe under the Freedom Of Information Act, you can request her details through your state ombudsmen, and when you get it.....well its your call, but sending an invoice would be a good way to start.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #23
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
I believe under the Freedom Of Information Act, you can request her details through your state ombudsmen, and when you get it.....well its your call, but sending an invoice would be a good way to start.
Highly doubt it mate, the freedom to grab the plate of a nice car as it drives past so one could go steal it later that night.
Old 27-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #24
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
How do you find out where she lives. The coppers certainly wont give you the rego. There are laws protecting peoples privacy.
I'm sure there are ways around that, there always is.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #25
devil cv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
I'm sure there are ways around that, there always is.
there are always ways to find people..... what is enjoyable is being able to &*ck them over without leaving the comfort of your computer chair...

and yes, I have just tracked down someone down, and am about to begin my fun....
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #26
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Ive already put a few of these gems into action http://www.fordforums.com/showthread...highlight=mice
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 11:16 PM   #27
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Report it.
After being screwed over by some mongrel that cleaned up my ute,
I don't care if they have 15 kids, on the dole and can't afford a doughnut,
it all comes back to respecting other peoples property.

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #28
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Highly doubt it mate, the freedom to grab the plate of a nice car as it drives past so one could go steal it later that night.
Here in Queensland its the case, and am led to believe it is the same Australia over.....
Although, they do send a letter to the holder of the plate you are looking for, and ask them if they have any objections....so I have just been informed.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #29
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
Here in Queensland its the case, and am led to believe it is the same Australia over.....
Although, they do send a letter to the holder of the plate you are looking for, and ask them if they have any objections....so I have just been informed.
there's a MUCH easier way. If anyone in QLD needs it (and can convince me that I will never, EVER hear that a VLT driver's gates have been removed, Kerrigan-style), PM me...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 11:45 PM   #30
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
there's a MUCH easier way. If anyone in QLD needs it (and can convince me that I will never, EVER hear that a VLT driver's gates have been removed, Kerrigan-style), PM me...
Just out of intrest i would love to know. Incase anyone of you qld folk **** me off.