Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #1
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Default June 20 - 27 is Lighting Week

Just having a lazy browse through the paper today, and i noticed an interesting advertisement.

June 20 - 27th is Lighting Week. So you can trundle on down to to your local participating business and get you headlights checked for FREE*!

*Any repairs at owner's expense.

I had a look through the websites provided to find out which businesses are participating, but couldnt find a list. The add suggests to go to www.vacc.com.au or www.racv.com.au . or call 1300 360 745.

I'll be getting mine done, as im pretty sure they're *slightly* wonky.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Ok, maybe I've missed some fundamental point : but here's a tip for those who are technically minded and wish to perform this complex procedure themselves.
  1. Unlock your vehicle and open the drivers door
  2. Insert ignition key and turn to ACC
  3. Turn on headlights
  4. Walk to front of car and look at headlights
  5. Are they on? If so, walk back to drivers doors, turn off lights, turn ignition to OFF, remove key, close drivers door, lock your vehicle and go back inside
  6. If not, pop to servo and and get new globes, or go to an auto store if you are after the more ful-sik globes

This procedure can also be used to check tail lights, indicators and brake lights, although the latter is more complex and will require a second person to operate the brake pedal while you check the lights. Or a brick will suffice.

If the angle of the lights is incorrect then a simple RTFM will see most people right. _2: (I CBF doing a pretty list for that procedure. :P)

This handy tip is brought to you by The Slothmeister™. Feel free to pass it onto your friends.
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
Ok, maybe I've missed some fundamental point : but here's a tip for those who are technically minded and wish to perform this complex procedure themselves.

This handy tip is brought to you by The Slothmeister™. Feel free to pass it onto your friends.
You know, I'm surprised people manage to fill their own fuel tanks these days.
Old 21-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #4
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha brilliant post 3Toed.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #5
rob_o

Yeah I'd like to get my headlights adjusted because the design of them is terrible which gives poor light
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its a great idea!
The amount of cars I see with poorly aligned and out of aim headlights is incredible, and its not something easily checked by most people. Tehy dont have to be far out to be dazzling to other drivers and from the drivers seat they prob look not bad, after all you are used to it, looks normal.

Damn some cars come from the factory with lights out of whack.

How much do we have to pay em to smash those crappy red "fog lights' on hyundai excels and other disposable cars. Damned lights have more watts then the engines!
The drivers either dont know they exist and hav them perm on or turn them on for the slightest drizzle. They should be llegal.

Im not kidding by the way, A friend of mine had an excel for over a year and when the car was serviced HE was surprised that the rer fog light switch was busted "I didnt even know i had a rear fog light!" was his quote! ARRRRGGGHHHH
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

The descent to crash dive for average human intelligence continues....