Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #1
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Default Whats my AU1 XR Front bar worth

hi,

sorry if this is in the wrong spot, i didn't want to post in the for sale bit, cos it's not really for sale yet.

im lookign at selling my xr front bar of my ute, so i can afford the xr50 front bar. i have no idea what these things are worth, and the new ones goign to cost over 500. I'm thinking about 250-300 mark, is this reasonable? It's in good nic.

i wouldn't include lights/indicators by the way.

Thanks
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
stiddy
Banned

Last time i got a quote for a genuine ford series 1 front bar it was about $1250.00 and even with mates rates and deals cut like crazy the cheapest i could get it was $750.00

wasnt sure if it was painted or not, i think it was unpainted aswell.. i looked into it cause i wanted the series 2 front but didnt happen cause of price. ive often seen series 1 bars for sale for around the $500 mark dont know if the move or not..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Last time i got a quote for a genuine ford series 1 front bar it was about $1250.00 and even with mates rates and deals cut like crazy the cheapest i could get it was $750.00

wasnt sure if it was painted or not, i think it was unpainted aswell.. i looked into it cause i wanted the series 2 front but didnt happen cause of price. ive often seen series 1 bars for sale for around the $500 mark dont know if the move or not..

perhaps they included the lights though... i know the lights are expensive.
Old 20-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

considering AWC has the S! with lip new for only $468, $200-300 for your second hand one seems about fair..

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #5
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I'll give you $200 for it.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #6
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Try calling a wrecker and see what they charge, at least then you have a good start point for a second hand bar.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #7
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Just called a wrecker (allford braeside), and stiddy was right on the money...

Quote:
The dude said ORIGINALS are hard to get, therefore the price varys from $350 -$750. Second hand without lights. He had one there that wasn't too great, & wanted $350.

Thanks guys for your help - hope the info helps someone else.
Old 21-06-2005, 11:25 PM   #8
dxr88u
dye hard ford supporter

i upgraded my au1 to a full xr50 kit, sold my front bar, rear bar and the rear spoiler for $400 dollars. had no trouble selling them for that price maybe i should have ask for a bit more but i needed the room in the garage that they were taking up.
dxr88u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post