Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2023, 03:53 PM   #1
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Ford Removes Public Access to Factory Workshop Manuals

See https://www.fordforums.com/threads/2...#post-50608383 and the email advice from Ford:

Quote:
Pre-July 1st 2022 you could under the voluntary scheme which Ford participated in. Unfortunately now you need to provide evidence of just and valid reason to access the information… i.e. you are a workshop owner or work for a business which services or repairs automobiles.
I'm glad I got all I needed before that happened. Time to get a Louis Rossman type 'Right To Repair" movement going.

Last edited by aussiblue; 10-02-2023 at 04:10 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2023, 05:07 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Fod Removes Public Access to Fcatory Workshop Manuals

Register an ABN and say you're a mobile mechanic, automotive repair isn't even a licenced trade in Australia, you don't need to have any qualifications to work in the industry anyway.

Then sign up for these:

https://www.gmtradeparts.com.au/

https://www.fordtradeclub.com.au/

I wasn't even aware they had public access to workshop manuals.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2023, 05:56 PM   #3
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Fod Removes Public Access to Fcatory Workshop Manuals

Quote:
Register an ABN and say you're a mobile mechanic, automotive repair isn't even a licenced trade in Australia, you don't need to have any qualifications to work in the industry anyway.
Yes, I went down that path in the late nineties at my privately owned Ford dealer's parts counters suggestion as I bought so many parts the wanted to give me a trade discount . I was also repairing the computerised fan speed controller for them when Ford or could not supply them with new ones for a period...that stopped immediately as soon as Ford took over the dealership. I had mentioned to the parts guy that I had found a fix after they told me I couldn't get parts for mine.

The dealership also gave me an electronic copy of the then current model AU Falcon as they wanted me to see if I could fix the fan speed controllers on them too and also see if I could fix some of LCD display issues they were having. But that was before all communication with me ceased I assume on Ford's command. It was made clear it was under the counter and that I could not tell anyone. I really had no interest in making it a business or spending a lot of time doing such things and I was just trying to be helpful Nonetheless, I still occasionally (like less than once a year) get phone calls on my landline from people wanting their fan speed controller fixed and someone at a dealer service center or Veale's has given them my number.

As an FCPA I also know there are penalties associated with applying for an ABN in for nefarious reason where no taxable income is likely to arise and as a FCPA I couldn't claim ignorance. So not these days and as I already have downloaded all the manuals up to the last Falcon and Territory models I have no need.
Old 29-04-2023, 11:47 AM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Default Re: Ford Removes Public Access to Factory Workshop Manuals

We need to start pushing the "right to repair" political buttons like they are doing in the USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKy28YryhSQ

Also see https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11435571