Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
ryanstev

Default Farewell to MY Falcon

I was coming home from a friend's place last Sunday and the motorway was closed, the lanes merged from 3 to 2 to 1 lane (not all at once, there was plenty of room) where the lanes merged from 2 to 1 the traffic was backed up onto the motorway because of the traffic lights ahead.

Well, I stopped, two cars on my right stopped and I looked at them wondering if they were both going to try to push in front of me, or just the one.

Suddenly I hear a tyre screech and didn't even have time to look in my mirror when I was slammed into.

I was a bit dazed and rolled into the car ahead of me, before braking.

I pulled over, the guy I rolled into had a tow ball, he told me not to worry, the guy who hit me was a dip****.

His car was ****ing radiator fluid all over and I had to tell him 5 times to turn his car off, before he realised I was telling him to turn something off, so he reached into his car and turned his lights off...

It was 11:10pm, I told him now noone can see you, turn your hazards on and engine off and he didn't understand. I tapped his indicators, now ****ed off (accidents happen, I wasn't ****ed off before this) and he realised, so turned his lights back on and left his car running.

At that point I was beyond ****ed off, because even though English wasn't his first language, I obviously wasn't saying "turn your lights off, turn your lights on" (do the hokie pokie and turn around)

So I called the cops and hopped the barrier on the side of the motorway, while the idiot was wandering around.

The cops arrived and we got it sorted.
I tried opening my boot, nope. I tried opening my left rear door, nope. I realised it was a write off.

Here's how she looked in the morning:

I only owned her for 1 day less than 5 months.

So the good news, I bought her, (a Ba Mk 2 Futura) for $3,600 and apart from changing the gas struts in the bonnet and boot and installing a transmission cooler, I didn't spend any more money on her, she was insured for $4,500, so I gained about $700 from the deal.
She also had some rust in the boot area that I was concerned about, because the window would have to be removed to fix, which doesn't need to be done now.

Today I picked up my new car. A 2006 BF XT for $3,000, insured for $4,500 again.

Just a couple things that need to be looked at. New gas struts for the boot (I replaced the BA's less than a month before this, ffs) and a hand brake adjustment.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
ScotchanDry
Family XR8s in Grey

Default Re: Farewell to MY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanstev View Post
I was coming home from a friend's place last Sunday and the motorway was closed, the lanes merged from 3 to 2 to 1 lane (not all at once, there was plenty of room) where the lanes merged from 2 to 1 the traffic was backed up onto the motorway because of the traffic lights ahead.

Well, I stopped, two cars on my right stopped and I looked at them wondering if they were both going to try to push in front of me, or just the one.

Suddenly I hear a tyre screech and didn't even have time to look in my mirror when I was slammed into.

I was a bit dazed and rolled into the car ahead of me, before braking.

I pulled over, the guy I rolled into had a tow ball, he told me not to worry, the guy who hit me was a dip****.

His car was ****ing radiator fluid all over and I had to tell him 5 times to turn his car off, before he realised I was telling him to turn something off, so he reached into his car and turned his lights off...

It was 11:10pm, I told him now noone can see you, turn your hazards on and engine off and he didn't understand. I tapped his indicators, now ****ed off (accidents happen, I wasn't ****ed off before this) and he realised, so turned his lights back on and left his car running.

At that point I was beyond ****ed off, because even though English wasn't his first language, I obviously wasn't saying "turn your lights off, turn your lights on" (do the hokie pokie and turn around)

So I called the cops and hopped the barrier on the side of the motorway, while the idiot was wandering around.

The cops arrived and we got it sorted.
I tried opening my boot, nope. I tried opening my left rear door, nope. I realised it was a write off.

Here's how she looked in the morning:

I only owned her for 1 day less than 5 months.

So the good news, I bought her, (a Ba Mk 2 Futura) for $3,600 and apart from changing the gas struts in the bonnet and boot and installing a transmission cooler, I didn't spend any more money on her, she was insured for $4,500, so I gained about $700 from the deal.
She also had some rust in the boot area that I was concerned about, because the window would have to be removed to fix, which doesn't need to be done now.

Today I picked up my new car. A 2006 BF XT for $3,000, insured for $4,500 again.

Just a couple things that need to be looked at. New gas struts for the boot (I replaced the BA's less than a month before this, ffs) and a hand brake adjustment.
Ah well looks like it all worked out ....now onto that concrete work !
ScotchanDry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Default Re: Farewell to MY Falcon

Know your pain to have your pride and joy written off by some spaced out nuffty.
My Ba Xr6 was tagged as I was existing a roundabout, hitting the rear quarter. Enough damage to write it off. Uninsured driver in an old Holden Barina. Luckily my insurance covered me, but there's still the cost of another car. Too many poorly trained drivers on the road.