Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool Dazzler's BIG DAY OUT with DJR at Lakeside Raceway 11/02/2014

Breathe breathe breathe nah i can't breathe gotta get out and try to fit in this web of pipes again...

Rightio legs first this time hang onto the cage slide my **** in yes success... Oh oh now i can't catch my breath the race suit is strangling me and it must be 60 degrees in this cockpit....

What ...don't pull the belts tighter now i really cant breathe, why did i fall in love with pizza and beer all these years this has just gone pear shaped, the best ride of my life ahead of me and all i can think about is falling into unconciousness..

Bang...too late we stall and i snap out of it .. there ya go my fat **** has just made David Wall stall the thing for the first time today .. bang and away we go bang bang bang braking from 200 into the carousel where i understeered wide 2 years ago in my Falcon at a fathers day happy laps cruise..

But this ain't no happy laps this machine is set on KILL and i don't have any oxygen in my lungs and the curb we just hit under the bridge has me thinking of how if i get cut out of this car from hitting the wall roof first after touring the grass then my swollen knees will be the least of my worries...

I vaguely hear "watch this" as we sail around the corner foot flat and lift again only to momentarily wind up the slingshot Bam Bam Bam Bam 230 + and back on the brakes in a hearbeat .. hang on have i still got one ?

Yes i do praise jesus i'm alive .. the engine has definately been turned down for today ... or it could just be my added weight making the sucrogen E85 work harder ?

Never the less everytime i think we cannot possibly stop in time we do .. repeatedly... and no understeer ..none .. ever... one lap becomes two laps and then three this thing will be a contender in the championship hunt this year for sure, trust me the guys have it sorted and with more seat time in the cars they are only going to get quicker !

And in we come Koff koff koff Bang bang splutter was that the exhaust overrun or was it me ??

I turn the buckle on the quick release harness .. oh crap we havn't stopped yet , he is aiming for the control guy with the board i brace myself against the roll cage .. my face is red and my pulse is racing ... we stop FAST !

Three or so people help me extract myself from the cage riddled beast of a machine and i thought i heard one call for a medico ?

Free at last i remove my helmet and pull the racesuit zip down ...

I notice my legs are shaking and my heart is still racing.. the nice lady that only moments ago tried to kill me by pointing where to jump in has now offered a bottle of water and a usb stick of precious memories.

I am buzzing absolutely convinced that fast food and alcohol will never touch my lips again, but at the same time wondering why i couldn't get a racesuit custom made for this very occasion ?

When i signed up for this it was a Birthday present and a casual comment was made that i should be 95kg's at most .. LOL well yeah if ya cut maybe one leg off ?

The e-mail last week went one further and stipulated 90kg's ... OMG ... I get on the scales at the last minute ...113kg's ...

I'm not gonna fit !

But i did...eventually...

And i swear if you ever get the chance to experience one of these new generation racecars first hand DO IT .. the experience will live with me forever and it has been the turning point for my diet and my future lifestyle choices...

Well Played Dick Johnson Racing well played...

*sidenote*
I was meant to go with Scott Pye but there was a technical gliche just as i was about to step into No 16... So they quickly bundled me into No 17

I heard David Wall tell his crew chief that i was a bit of a screamer LOL it was the only part that actually recorded on the USB, but i promise you fine folk's i never said a thing the whole time .. i couldn't .. my breath was taken away .. literally..

I tried to catch up with my namesake Ash Walsh but i couldn't find him anywhere unlike Andre Heimgartner who we chatted for ages too what a cool guy ...

GO HARD GO FORD and bring on 2014 .. Dazzler..x..

Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Default Re: Dazzler's BIG DAY OUT with DJR at Lakeside Raceway 11/02/2014

Sounds like you had fun!

I recently got to do a ride day with Tony D'Alberto at QR. And like you, I found it to be awesome!! I actually had Jonny Reid driving at the time. I now have a much bigger appreciation of what they have to do each race.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

On ya Daz. That will be something to remember for life and of all places lakeside. I watched for a bit and while its a small track they look so at home there.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

well done big fella, looks like you had a top day and the memories well last a life time
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

lucky bugger
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post