Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  
Default XW GT Cake

Hi,

Just thought I'd post a pretty cool looking cake made by my wife for one of my friends.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Default Re: XW GT Cake

Awesome accuracy in the detail! 100% correct.
That looks brilliant.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody hell she did well with that.....spot on......better start selling them online......$100 each lol!

I wouldn't want to eat it!

Last edited by GASWAGON; 04-01-2014 at 10:55 PM.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

Yeah it's a good job. But a little more the $100 though. The cake ingredients are worth nearly that much.

Her and her sister have done a Torana Drag car, HQ GTS Monaro and a EL Falcon also.

Matt

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #5
NeillNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has contributed a number of great technical articles for people with X Series cars. 

Wow, the shape is perfect! She has managed to capture the lines of the car very well, check out the shape of the side glass. Must have taken a while.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #6
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Takes approx. 12-14 hrs to decorate and shape with two people. Not including making and baking the cake etc.

I Use and Recommend :
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
Old 04-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #7
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by auMatt View Post
Yeah it's a good job. But a little more the $100 though. The cake ingredients are worth nearly that much.

Her and her sister have done a Torana Drag car, HQ GTS Monaro and a EL Falcon also.

Matt
I agree about the price auMatt. I have seen a specialty cake shop try to do one sililar here in WA but nowhere near as good as this one.

They wanted $250 and if it wasn't for the stripes down the side of the one over here, you would have been hard pressed to say a Ford let alone a GT!.

Awesome job, I would pay to have one sent over to Perth for my any of my 3 boys birthday.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I tell you what.....If the two girls can do this stuff so well to a few model cars they might be able to make themselves a bit of a business doing this stuff.

$100 is def not enough so ye $250-300 would be much better.

Hmmmm....... 'Carcakes.com.au' or something???
Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #9
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Nice - looks great!
Prob is I would really struggle with taking to it with a knife..
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #10
mildxe

looks fantastic what sort of cake inside ?
mildxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Marble

I Use and Recommend :
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
Old 05-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #12
homegrown
hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by auMatt View Post

Matt
Haha been there with the price of ingredients. My wife used to be a Cakey and hats off to your missus that is Amazing detail
Old 05-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #13
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

The other three the girls have completed.

I Use and Recommend :
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
Old 05-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #14
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Windsor or Cleveland ?

Good work!
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #15
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6 View Post
Well I tell you what.....If the two girls can do this stuff so well to a few model cars they might be able to make themselves a bit of a business doing this stuff.

$100 is def not enough so ye $250-300 would be much better.

Hmmmm....... 'Carcakes.com.au' or something???

Nic idea but he did say 28 hrs total labour so that would make that cake at $250 a wage of about $5 an hour after materials. Sweet looking cake though. Tell me it caramel mud
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you place the candles strategically, and cut it right , you will get most of your money back advertising it as a convertible.

The Project
73 XB GS Fairmont Coupe K-Code.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #17
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Wow that's awesome, thanks for sharing. My missus mucks around with cakes as well, and yep quite a number of hours are involved. I hate it because then I'm stuck with the washing up.LOL
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #18
fordv8!

brilliant!
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ten outa ten, the girls have skills....... awesome !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #20
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Thumbs up Re: XW GT Cake

Brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #21
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Nic idea but he did say 28 hrs total labour so that would make that cake at $250 a wage of about $5 an hour after materials. Sweet looking cake though. Tell me it caramel mud
True, I just think ther really could be a market for it.....Only other way would be to make a mould of a few popular models like GT/Monaro so the shaping time is a lot quicker.

My sister in law has a mould of a steam train she got somewhere.....Two halves made from steel.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 AM   #22
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

The shaping isnt the time consuming part its all the details they put into it. Id say you would be looking at about $400-500 for a cake like this. But as you say there is not alot of places that are willing to put the effort into it like these.

I Use and Recommend :
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
Old 06-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #23
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

That's a very nice job mate.

We had a VW bug made a little while back by our neigbour for my folks 50th anniversary.

She's only been doing it for a year or so.

https://www.facebook.com/sweetcreaturescakes

Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #24
Dodge
i like to be stroked

work of art , she was going to make one of ya old fella but she was scared it wouldnt feed enough people lol happy birthday mate