Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default its gotta be time to buy a fpv???

http://carsales.mobi/news/ford-perfo...s-prices-40816

this is very juicy... is there ever going to be a better time to buy?

HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: its gotta be time to buy a fpv???

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11411232

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still to expensive for a car design that is 6 years old and lacking in everything bar acceleration.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
Still to expensive for a car design that is 6 years old and lacking in everything bar acceleration.
**** me, mate I just finished a 2 hour drive in my 335. In your opinion it might lack plenty but in my opinion it lacks absolutely nothing! What a great car!
There is about 25 pages on Ls1 Forums about all the probs you guys are having with all that suppossed technolgy in your VF's.
Seat rattling yet?? How is the air con?? Wipers flicking on for no reason yet?
Just a matter of time apparently!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 18 View Post
**** me, mate I just finished a 2 hour drive in my 335. In your opinion it might lack plenty but in my opinion it lacks absolutely nothing! What a great car!
There is about 25 pages on Ls1 Forums about all the probs you guys are having with all that suppossed technolgy in your VF's.
Agreed, ***** me when people say lacks technology. The only useful thing it lacks is blind spot indicators.
How many times have vf users used the self park thing?. We drive vf's at work, and I tried the self park once, and the result was very average. Takes ages to do, where I can just zip in to a car spot myself in 1/2 the time.

As for the sv6/ss seats, although they are outstanding in comfort, the soft side bolsters (on the seat and backrest where the pleather is) will wear within 12 months getting in and out of the car, guaranteed.

Last edited by AU1XLS; 03-01-2014 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Swear filter
GT014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Yep lets get on a Ford Forum and rubbish the **** out of Fords.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #7
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 18 View Post
Why turn this into a Holden bashing thread? The FG is old now and it shows in every way, particularly in the chassis/handling dept. Yes it does miss out on many of the gizmos even an entry level Hyundai has but my point is I still believe they are over-priced, particularly against the non-FPV offerings which they are based on. I'm not saying they are not a good car, on the contrary.
I just personally think the FPV offerings are overpriced. The GT should be $54990 and the F6 $47990 given, apart from the engines are just tarted up Falcons.

And no, I haven't had any issues with the VF as yet. But I guess it's ironic all the problems associated with the FG since it's inception still exist 6 years later!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Why turn this into a Holden bashing thread? The FG is old now and it shows in every way, particularly in the chassis/handling dept. Yes it does miss out on many of the gizmos even an entry level Hyundai has but my point is I still believe they are over-priced, particularly against the non-FPV offerings which they are based on. I'm not saying they are not a good car, on the contrary.
I just personally think the FPV offerings are overpriced. The GT should be $54990 and the F6 $47990 given, apart from the engines are just tarted up Falcons.

And no, I haven't had any issues with the VF as yet. But I guess it's ironic all the problems associated with the FG since it's inception still exist 6 years later!
If you go back & have a quick look, you'll see that you turned this into an FPV bash thread right from the get go.
Almost looks like your trying to troll?
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #9
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Righto sir, I fail to see how expressing my views on FPV pricing is bagging the actual product. I guess if it's post count your looking for you have succeeded there.
If you see from when I joined to now, it's definitely not post counts I'm looking for. It's just this is meant to be a Ford Forum, but the amount of people that get on here and bagged them out is amazing. If they don't like Fords then **** off, and get on a forum that suits their **** boxes. And let us one eyed Ford freaks praise Ford with no nay sayers.

Last edited by XBROO; 03-01-2014 at 12:19 PM.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #10
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
If you see from when I joined to now, it's definitely not post counts I'm looking for. It's just this is meant to be a Ford Forum, but the amount of people that get on here and bagged them out is amazing. If they don't like Fords then **** off, and get on a forum that suits their **** boxes. And let us one eyed Ford freaks praise Ford with no nay sayers.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #11
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

V8 engine production is down to about 60-80 units a month, the current promotion is all about
clearing out 2013 stock dealers can't shift and preparing for the final 350-400 or so sales to the finish of FPV..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

If I wasn't looking for a smaller car so I have more than a 10cm gap when I finish jamming my F6 in my garage, I'd be all over this deal.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
V8 engine production is down to about 60-80 units a month, the current promotion is all about
clearing out 2013 stock dealers can't shift and preparing for the final 350-400 or so sales to the finish of FPV..
Is there an indication that a Final better speced F6 will be offered?

I'm also a bit puzzled about the pricing of the GT's, 65K for last year's clearance cars ... this means that Ford must be planning to sell the Final GT's are much more than that considering they will be 2014 plated and probably come with more Kit and R-Spec bits ... interesting as I just can't see the market prepared to spend this much on an old Falcon these days ...
Old 03-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #14
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I bet I wasn't the only person to skip across to carsales and check out a few cars
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #15
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the value equation is a subjective one. some people look at the FPV in isolation, and the performance it offers is pretty well unmatched at that price point. OTOH, if you consider what a garden variety Falcon costs it starts to look a little less worthwhile. eg. XR6T optioned up equivalently to F6 still comes out way cheaper, just how much are you willing to pay for that extra performance? same argument has been used against the GTS.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #16
Jaxon

Quote:
Time for you leave I think! Go join the other forum and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #17
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This has just become my favourite thread of the day
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #18
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Talking Re: its gotta be time to buy a fpv???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp View Post
If I wasn't looking for a smaller car so I have more than a 10cm gap when I finish jamming my F6 in my garage, I'd be all over this deal.
Time for a bigger Garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #19
Rodge
Banned

I think the F6 in particular is VERY good buying at that price incl leather, sat nav and on road costs.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

That's if you can find one. There seems to be very little 2013 F6 stock left!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #21
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

I wish these deals were around 12months ago.... i think i would have ended up with a f6 for 55k. I think that price alot more realistic and acceptable for the product.. i think i was gettin quoted 60-63k driveaway at the time and at that time i was lookin the GT pricing was in line with a SRT8, which the product i personally didnt deserve that price tag.. but now at 65k driveway... BARGIN! And under cuts a fully loaded srt8 but 10-12k which makes up for the lack of features and my belief is the correct pricing point.

If ford had there pricing right 12months ago i would have had an FPV in the garage, not my 300c luxury.

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #22
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have seen the GT at $58,990 at my local dealer, it still has $63,990 on the window and was offered to me for $68k a few weeks ago . Changeover is still too much me ( $18k for a low k BF GT is ridiculous but I get the need for profit ) but for those that want to do it there will NEVER be a better time.

I suspect all cars this year will be order only and it's already been stated on here a dealer wouldn't take an order for a GT-P.
I can hear the tears now form those posting in March/April they should have bought while the going was good, and for those expecting the new XR8 to be the saviour I suspect you will be disappointed when the time comes.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #23
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

Refer below
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned
Really ...... you looking for an argument or just here to troll? Thread once again spoilt by an opinion that really is not required in this environment ..... being a FORD Forum. While opinions are welcome, some should just either remember where they are, who they are going to offend and just keep their opinions to themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
Yep lets get on a Ford Forum and rubbish the **** out of Fords.
Exactly.

Price is great for those in the market for a GT or F6. Seeing that is near on 10k savings without negotiations ...... and knowing full well how much fun they are to own and drive ..... it is money well spent.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #24
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shame that what should be a positive thread turns into a bitchfest yet again

Wish they did these sorts of prices in NZ, $90k for a GT is ridiculous, but at those prices I'd be jumping at them, a Coyote and a Miami in the garage would be cool
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #25
GT2

I thought you could parallel import into NZ. Can't you buy one here and have it shipped over?
GT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #26
shaness8

How will these new prices effect 2nd hand FPV.

At the moment a FG F6 can range from low 30's to mid 40's.

Looking at buying a Fg F6 soon
shaness8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #27
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2 View Post
I thought you could parallel import into NZ. Can't you buy one here and have it shipped over?
I have thought about it
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #28
_Ben
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa View Post
If you go back & have a quick look, you'll see that you turned this into an FPV bash thread right from the get go.
Almost looks like your trying to troll?
Wouldn't bother wasting your time with him. If it's not something he personally approves of, it's crap according to him.
_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #29
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100 View Post
Is there an indication that a Final better speced F6 will be offered?

I'm also a bit puzzled about the pricing of the GT's, 65K for last year's clearance cars ... this means that Ford must be planning to sell the Final GT's are much more than that considering they will be 2014 plated and probably come with more Kit and R-Spec bits ... interesting as I just can't see the market prepared to spend this much on an old Falcon these days ...
AFAIK, F6 is being discontinued early as the good rods were stockpiled and worked down.

Could we be looking at GT with GTP interior and R Spec suspension?

Numbers are restricted but you can bet dealers will want more...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #30
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
I think the F6 in particular is VERY good buying at that price incl leather, sat nav and on road costs.
Spot on there Rodge! Geesh, I paid 54k for my DEMO BF F6 way back in 2006 which was a bargain at the time.
No leather either plus the FG F6 is a miles better proposition than my old baby!
I know, I know... The FG is a 5 or 6 year old body shape, but at 54 drive away, awesome value.
AND there ain't EVER gunna be any more F6's made.... The last of the turbo FPV world beaters.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: