Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default WT Fiesta Zetec - Considering ?

Does anyone know ..

Is the new Thai built WT Fiesta Zetec PCD still 4 x 108 ? .. or has it changed to 4 x 100 ?

Also how is everyone finding their WT's ?
What's the air-con like ? .. does it actually work OK (unlike my old XR4)
Any overall problems to report with these cars ?
Are they comfortable ?

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: WT Fiesta Zetec - Considering ?

Don't check out the price of a new Powershift box unless you're sitting down.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

The aircon has definitely been fixed in the WT.
Comfortable? Yes, there's heaps of space in the front to stretch out (although I'm a fairly small guy). I'd probably say that it's a much nicer place to be in than an FG Falcon; it certainly feels less claustrophobic. The seats themselves are very supportive.
Of course, being a Fiesta, it handles and steers brilliantly. That goes without saying.
PLEASE go for the slick-shifting 5 speed manual though. It's cheaper to buy and doesn't have an annoying habit of carking it every so often, costing a heap to replace.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
wombat66

Really happy with our Zetec. No problems yet.

Edit: I don't know about the air con yet as I haven't driven the car in hot weather. The heater works well but takes a fair while to heat up when you first get going on cold mornings. Our Focus is the same.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Does anyone know ..

Is the new Thai built WT Fiesta Zetec PCD still 4 x 108 ? .. or has it changed to 4 x 100 ?

Also how is everyone finding their WT's ?
What's the air-con like ? .. does it actually work OK (unlike my old XR4)
Any overall problems to report with these cars ?
Are they comfortable ?
4x100 now.

Air con is supposed to be much better and my friend who went from an xr4 to wt agrees.

Cold start issue on cold mornings where it kangaroos a little bit on take off, can be avoided by letting it run for 15 seconds before driving. Only sometimes happens.

Quite comfortable.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
wombat66

We don't have the "kangaroo" problem with ours.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat66
We don't have the "kangaroo" problem with ours.
They may have fixed it with the WT. I certainly hope so.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
Caydus

I have a LX, but yea, no kangarooing problems either.

There's a bunch of 'review' threads that have come up recently, you should be able to find the pros and cons there in detail.

Whether it's comfortable depends on whether you're sitting in the front or the back. The front has amazing leg and headroom. It's alot larger up front than many medium to large cars.
The rear suffers in legroom though and if you're considering regularly having people in the back seat, the Fiesta is not the car for you.

It's the most fun car to drive in it's segment, only if you can afford the premium. It's very roomy in the front, if you can live with the small rear seats and boot. It has amazing technologies, if you can live with the lack of dealer support.
I voted with my money. I still don't regret it.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My WT Manual Zetec has done 21000kms of horrible city traffic in 9 Months and has not missed a beat. still going brilliantly and not drinking much.

Air Con is great, sports seats you get in the zetec are just the best thing ever.

my only small issue is that the interior can be rattle a little on horrid roads. but its not something that would turn me off the car.
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Interior "crunching" is common in a lot of European cars over hard bumps ... same in a lot of Volkswagen's and even some of the lower model BMW's. We just have some really terrible roads!

The new WT is definitely 4 x 100.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
mywagon03

I have a 2011 Fiesta Zetec with 6sp Powershift Auto and have clocked up 24000kms in 9 months of highway driving. Im VERY happy with it, A/C is sweet, however my particular Fiesta has 4X108 stud pattern for certain, I didn't think they had a 4X100 stud pattern as well, seems a bit backward to do that as it would cause owners problems when putting aftermarket wheels on their ride... just my 2 cents worth.
Old 18-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They moved to 4x100 on the Thailand built cars because they are built in the same factory with the same parts as the Mazda 2. The Mazda 2 uses 4x100.

The German cars are still 4x108
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Rob,

Whats the deal, are you happy with the Honda Civic??

As you know ive had a WP, WQ, WS (Parents), now WT. Yes i love my Fiestas. hahaha In terms of air con the WS/WT is miles better than the WP/WQ, on both hot and cold. The air flow is more direct and stronger in the different fan speeds. I rarley used the Air Con in all the fiestas though.

I havent had any problems with the car (WT Zetec Man) except for a dodgy drivers side plastic panel where the windscreen pillar is. Was replaced straight away.

In terms of living with it, as a whole package. Ill put it simply. Its not an XR4 and never will be. The XR4 is very raw comfort wise and mechanically, The WS/WT, not taking into aco**** the difference in engine size or performance, is more grown up. It has all the techno gadgets which is up to date with todays culture. Handles great in twisties but has slight body roll. Great on Fuel. Roomy inside. It reminds me of my old WP Zetec with two extra doors and a stickshift. I love it for what it is. For me just a fun A-B car to get around with until the Fez ST comes out. If they put the 2.0LNA in the WT shape, it would be everything I love about the XR4 with new technology.

If there is anythign specific you wanna know hit me up on the XR4 forum.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Hey Rob,
Whats the deal, are you happy with the Honda Civic??
Hey mate, Honda Civic Sport has gone! .. lovely car, beautiful quality .. but just not my sort of thing .. I just couldn't "click" with it if you know what I mean, I don't think the auto transmission helped .. I missed the manual gearbox a lot !

Traded it back in on a new Suzuki Swift Sport which is more my sort of thing, I love my SSS, ... it's very similar to the XR4 in a lot of ways, very responsive and direct handling, very similar performance, it's small and agile .. just with a few more creature comforts which is to be expected seeing that it's a few years newer than the XR4.

I was actually asking about the new WT Zetec as a replacement for my wife's 2007 CH Lancer .... she likes the look of the new Fiesta so it was just something we were considering.

The Lancer has been a good (but not great) car, it does what's needed of it, nothing more, nothing less ... it's quite thirsty though with the 2.4L engine, performance is not as good as one would expect considering it's specs, handling is terrible!, I actually hate driving it .. it's like riding a floaty boat down the road, the suspension is way too soft and it takes about 10 minutes to recover from every bump it rides over in the road .. ... she doesn't notice it though, I think it's just that I'm used to the XR4/SSS type of suspension.

I had a look at a new Fiesta Zetec the other day, don't think the overall quality is not as good as the WQ Fiesta's .. the plastics had a cheaper sort of feel to them, I didn't like the red monochrome display in the middle either, but other than that it looked like a nice little car but definately built to a price ... will keep looking around and see what takes her fancy ... trouble is she actually likes her damn Lancer, I keep trying to talk her out of it !
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
kiwiinoz

We own one we brought it last year. Great car. There is a fault however with our steering. Ford are fixing it of course but the part has to come from South Africa for some reason. Air COn and heater is great and we live in sunny QLD. Great car, get one!
kiwiinoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rob how do you find the swift dashboard overall now that you've had it for a while?

i sat in one the other day and it just didnt seem to have the pizazz or same quality as the ws fez?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post