Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default NuFord Dealer Service experience

Thought i'd share my 60,000 km service experience yesterday from Nuford, Wangara in the hope that others become aware of some of the games these guys play.

After receiving letters, texts, phonecalls reminding me of my service being due, I duly took my FG XR6 in for its final warranty service along with a few warranty items to look at. One of the letters offered a free balance and rotation so when I arrived I requested it.

I also decided to speak with Spare parts and buy a set of lock nuts for my new wheels which they said they could put on. Great!

Long story short, I went to pick up the car at 4pm and it wasnt ready, when it finally was ready I presented with a bill for $480. I had a quick look through the bill and saw that on top of the cost of the lock nut set they charged me $39 to fit the lock nuts. When I questioned why this was, I was told with a straight face that they had to take off the wheels and this was the labour charge, nevermind that the wheels came off with the wheel balance. Finally it was agreed that this cost would be waived and off he went back to the computer to type up another invoice. Before he left I asked him if the cost of the service was the Fixed price service that Ford offers for servicing and was told 'oh no that isnt the fixed price, you are supposed to ask for that when you bring the car in'.

Finally a correct invoice came with a few charges that I couldnt be bothered arguing with - workshop consumables, $18.00, environmental charge etc etc. with the final cost being $318 which was around $140 less than the first one.

Moral of the story, if your taking your Ford in for a service, you need to apparently ask for the fixed price service otherwise you will be charged the usual over-inflated charge, further I would encourage you to go over the invoice they give you and not assume that they are doing the right thing by you. Now that my car is out of warranty i'll be taking it to a non dealer and telling as many people as I can about my experience, thanks for the great service Nuford Wangara!

richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NuFord Dealer Service experience

Have used this dealer a few times for service across two new cars, would never use them again. I've used Centre Ford for a while now, cheaper, more knowledgable and don't try to sell you other bits n pieces. The latter I believe is something AHG service centres are 'bound' to do.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I bought my BA XT. In 2005. I was given a flyer that said minor service $180, that was stapled to my log book, when I bought the car. The first service I took the car, I called them made a booking and told them over the phone about it, they said yes we can do that.

When I took the car in I showed them the flyer, and again they said yes, they would charge me this.

I went to pick up the car and was told I had to pay $460 for the service. I showed the guy the flyer again and he said no no no, thats not correct. I am like how can it not be correct, when I bought this car you guys gave me this. Plus I have told you about this and showwed you this, when I dropped the car off that morning. After about 30 minutes of discussion, I was charged $180 and left not happy that I had to waste my time.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have given up on getting my car serviced at Ford - they are useless, can not explain what they are doing, don't know their own product and then charge 2x fair rate for a below par job.

I admit I was a fool to buy a ford in the first place, I can at least try to make it up to myself by not getting it serviced by the clown who sold it to me.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy
*snip..
I admit I was a fool to buy a ford in the first place....
so what are you doing around here other than sooking....
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
The latter I believe is something AHG service centres are 'bound' to do

I must admitt I have my doubts about dealerships owned by the Automotive Holding Group, the group which also owns John Andrew Ford in Auckland.

Their hourly rate seems expensive and the time they say are allocated to jobs looks like a fairly relaxed rate of work. :(

But is this just an AHG thing or widespead throughout Australia and N.Z.
Is $110 plus GST an hour a reasonable hourly rate for a mechanic shop these days ?
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
so what are you doing around here other than sooking....

expressing an opinion - that is what makes a forum
Old 28-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
expressing an opinion - that is what makes a forum
so you come on a ford forum to run the brand down...
Old 28-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
so you come on a ford forum to run the brand down...
Do you reply with that statement to everyone that gets ripped off with fords lack of customer skills and vents here!!??
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #10
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cb...

Last edited by pottery beige; 28-02-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 28-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Djrystofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Do you reply with that statement to everyone that gets ripped off with fords lack of customer skills and vents here!!??
Imagine going on a commodore forum and saying they're crap because of the dealers.
It reflects nothing on the car itself, thus why he quoted him saying 'I was stupid enough to buy ford in the first place' or something along those lines.
Djrystofer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #12
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah sure come on here and have a sook about your service at a fraud stealer..

i could write a book..

but blanket statements of fords are crap and fool to buy a ford in the first place and the general running down of the brand are getting really ******* boring around here...
Old 28-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you're lucky...my thread was renamed unhappy with dealer service when it was originally unhappy with ford dealer service..dale ford dale ford dale ford!!
Old 28-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep.. they are for the most of it absolute ****.. best thing i ever did was walk away from warranty and fix any probs myself..

stress levels way down and started enjoying the whole new ford thing....
Old 28-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #15
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you own a late model Ford pottery?
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #16
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yep.. they are for the most of it absolute ****.. best thing i ever did was walk away from warranty and fix any probs myself..

stress levels way down and started enjoying the whole new ford thing....
So are you agreeing that Ford dealers are probably the worst enemy of Ford?

I have had the displeasure of dealing with 3 different Ford dealers - all of them were totally useless and lied, misrepresented the facts and tried to squirm out of warranty repairs at every opportunity.

Over and above this, they didn't know their own products- telling me to f...off becasue my warranty had expired when it still had 2 years to run was not a great way to build return customers.

Most modern cars are reasonably well built and good to drive - no brand can survive when the coustomer is treated like dirt.
Old 28-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #17
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

ahhhh good old Nuford
i got one of those peices of paper that you are talking about ricko
but i also got the one for $50 off a log book service
in my log book there is a service for a 7500km so i took it in to get the 7500km service and a warranty job to fix my noisy drivers window
they also wanted $59 for a fuel flush injector thingy crap , which i told them to not worry about
anyway when it came time to pay they wouldnt except the $50 off because the 7500km service isnt a log book service, to which i replyed then why does it say it in your log book, why not just have 15000km 30000km etc
wasnt happy i paid $320 for a 7500km service
and im still waiting for my 3rd diff on warranty from them ..its been nearly 2 months now and the high pitch whine from 100km/h and over is bloody giving me the *****
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #18
05_ENFORCER

It's not only with NuFord but at any place of service.
(NuFord are not on my christmas list either)

If you are not straight up with what you want out of the service they will always try and add "others"

Thats a fact Jack.

Dont expect everyone to do the right thing by you.
Old 28-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #19
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
yeah sure come on here and have a sook about your service at a fraud stealer..

i could write a book..

but blanket statements of fords are crap and fool to buy a ford in the first place and the general running down of the brand are getting really ******* boring around here...
mate every thread i stumble on has one of your typical "oh everyone look at me im craving attention laugh at my mildly humerous post please" posts

possibly a better way to spend some of your spare time?
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
mate every thread i stumble on has one of your typical "oh everyone look at me im craving attention laugh at my mildly humerous post please" posts

possibly a better way to spend some of your spare time?
are you having a sook.. yay for you....
Old 28-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #21
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm, Lynford in Osborne Park WA automatically quoted me the correct capped service price without being prompted (I was ready to disagree...), though they did try and up-sell me some wheel aligning and engine flushing. This was upfront, though, so it was easy to decline, and it ended up at $265 all up, as per the official capped price quote.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So are you agreeing that Ford dealers are probably the worst enemy of Ford?

I have had the displeasure of dealing with 3 different Ford dealers - all of them were totally useless and lied, misrepresented the facts and tried to squirm out of warranty repairs at every opportunity.

Over and above this, they didn't know their own products- telling me to f...off becasue my warranty had expired when it still had 2 years to run was not a great way to build return customers.

Most modern cars are reasonably well built and good to drive - no brand can survive when the coustomer is treated like dirt.
yes i will agree.. dealers can screw the whole experience and totally take the enjoyment out of a new vehicle..

probably owe you an apology for going off chop..

walking away from warranty and dealing with the associated clowns was an instant awesomely rewarding choice i made...

***** me to totally they have an awesome product.. and its nearly call for last drinks...
Old 28-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #23
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gotta agree - my hatered for our territory has subsided ever since I gave up trying to deal with my local dealer. I used to go in there knowing every service or warranty repair was gong to end up in an argument.

I can't really help myself when somebody blantantly lies to me as to what they have done or what needs to be done. Plus the onging argument I had with our dealer about what is the correct factory recommened oil grade did my head in.
Old 28-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Dealt with a few - Happy enough with Centre Ford and Range Ford.

Mack & Ernie tried to tell me I bent one of the rear swaybar brackets - yet it was fine when it drove in....
They also stripped the locking nuts and tried to blame me. The car was 2nd hand and had always been serviced by them. $140 for the nuts and $30 to fit. I told them to leave them off. Went to Range on the way home, got trade for the nuts and fitted in the carpark.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #25
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djrystofer
Imagine going on a commodore forum and saying they're crap because of the dealers.
It reflects nothing on the car itself, thus why he quoted him saying 'I was stupid enough to buy ford in the first place' or something along those lines.
Ive been a member there for afew yrs now and they do the exact same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #26
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by comagutsa
ahhhh good old Nuford
i got one of those peices of paper that you are talking about ricko
but i also got the one for $50 off a log book service
in my log book there is a service for a 7500km so i took it in to get the 7500km service and a warranty job to fix my noisy drivers window
they also wanted $59 for a fuel flush injector thingy crap , which i told them to not worry about
anyway when it came time to pay they wouldnt except the $50 off because the 7500km service isnt a log book service, to which i replyed then why does it say it in your log book, why not just have 15000km 30000km etc
wasnt happy i paid $320 for a 7500km service
and im still waiting for my 3rd diff on warranty from them ..its been nearly 2 months now and the high pitch whine from 100km/h and over is bloody giving me the *****

Hahah injector flush at 7500kms. Brought my car secondhand from NUford and they expected me to bring my car in every 6 months for a rip off service.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
kempy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #27
malazn mafia
Boss 335

I think the best part of owning a Falcon is the cheap, quick and good service you can get from places that do taxis. I get my both lower front balljoints replaced for $100, with a turnaround time of 30 minutes if I book early. New front brakes and discs for $150.. 30 minute turnaround time. $150 for a full service. The mechanics actually know the car and what they are talking about. The last time I brought my car to a Ford dealer, they recommended a full cooling system flush. Gave them the go ahead, $220. 450km later on a road trip I lift the bonnet to refill the windscreen bottle, and holy crap.. the coolant overflow was empty and green stuff all over the front of the engine. Some apprentice had retightened the top coolant hose on an angle and severed part of the pipe. That was it, never again at a Ford Dealer.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #28
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge

I must admitt I have my doubts about dealerships owned by the Automotive Holding Group, the group which also owns John Andrew Ford in Auckland.

Their hourly rate seems expensive and the time they say are allocated to jobs looks like a fairly relaxed rate of work. :(

But is this just an AHG thing or widespead throughout Australia and N.Z.
Is $110 plus GST an hour a reasonable hourly rate for a mechanic shop these days ?
It’s the same problem everywhere. If you know the slightest thing about engines and vehicles, can understand some basic English, and get past a drug test, you can earn mega bucks on a mine or construction site. The guys left working in Perth are under-qualified and over-paid.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #29
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The moral of the story is that Ford have a lot of work to do with their dealer network and despite years of unsatisfactory service from many dealers, Ford haven't even made a start on it.

Yes it is repetitive sometimes to hear the same stories about Ford service, but apparently not enough for Ford Australia to do anything. Instead of turning on those who are clearly frustrated by that experience with the dealer network, perhaps a more constructive move would be to use the collective power of the members here to draw a petition to Ford that says in a nice way that they need to pull their finger out and start looking after their customer base. Turning on members of the forums ultimately is not solving the problem, but exacerbating it.

Just a thought.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #30
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do not think Ford dealers are the only ones doing this. I took my daughters Commodore in to a big Holden dealer in Brisbane. As I am a pensioner with not a lot to do, I walked around to the back door of the workshop and stood there and watched the daughters car. Nobody went near it for 3/4 of an hour then a teenager opened the bonnet and walked away. Another 1/2 hour and a person I assume was a mechanic put his head under the bonnet for about 10 minutes. not touching the rest of the car. I walked back to the service counter and they tried to charge for a full waranty service, quoting 1 and 3/4 hours labour. When I challenged the charge and explained what I had been doing, telling them I had several witnesses (their own employees who had seen me standing there) to the fact that I had been watching the "service", they reduced the charge by 80%. The next time I went past that place there were "NO ADMITTANCE TO WORKSHOP" signs posted at every entrance to said workshop. Dealer service? I and everyone on this forum knows who is being serviced!!!
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post