Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Exclamation 2012/13 Ford Escape/Kuga spy pics

Clicky clicky

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...photo-4571114/

Hopefully we will get a nice TD engine to go with it and won't have to wait until 2013 for the bloody thing!!

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Default Re: 2012/13 Ford Escape/Kuga spy pics

What are the rumored powertrains?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
What are the rumored powertrains?
Expect EcoBoost 1.6T and 2.0T petrol and 2.0TDi diesel.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

The base US engine is a 2.5 I-4 petrol, I think that will be sold here as well....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw several KUGA's in England, FORD made a BIG mistake not getting them here years ago.....
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

1.6L and 2L EcoBoost engines and the 2.5L TiVCT engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-57yqSrFpds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfwij...layer_embedded
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
1.6L and 2L EcoBoost engines and the 2.5L TiVCT engine.
JPFS1, could Ford be thinking of offering Ecoboost engines in lieu of diesels?
I guess the cost differential is less, they get the job done and offer more horsepower...

Last edited by jpd80; 02-11-2011 at 07:22 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Released Pics

Old 06-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Wow that would be a nice car for the missus..TDI and manual please.

I like the idea of ecoboost but does it really offer the torque and fuel consumption to match a TDi? Im talking about small engines not the V6.

LOL at the tailgate thing, cool gimmick..I want to see the "kick pad"
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Why would you want manual....

TD and Autos are way better.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
AU Mont
Banned

noice. i like. i want.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Have to say I think I like the look of the CX-5 better.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Why would you want manual....

TD and Autos are way better.
Better for who? how?

The missus will only drive manuals..just what she was taught and prefers. So much so thats the reason the Tez wont get a guernsey, prefers the control and feel. Im not just saying that either because I would rather have a Tez as it would double as a good tow car..her car not mine though.

Also when you keep cars over a longer term manuals are typically cheaper to maintain. I will put my hand on my heart and say I will never own a powershift/dsg/flappy paddle gear box.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 06-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Better for who? how?
Who? The majority of the market, judging by the number sold. That's who.

How? All drivers can drive auto, in most applications these days they are also superior for comfort, economy and even performance. That's how.

Quote:
The missus will only drive manuals..just what she was taught and prefers. So much so thats the reason the Tez wont get a guernsey, prefers the control and feel. Im not just saying that either because I would rather have a Tez as it would double as a good tow car..her car not mine though.
That's good for her (and others like that, including myself), but that doesn't make automatics inferior to manuals at all. If you want a manual, buy one! (while you can).

Quote:
Also when you keep cars over a longer term manuals are typically cheaper to maintain. I will put my hand on my heart and say I will never own a powershift/dsg/flappy paddle gear box.
Please do provide us with some reading material on this!

That said, I think I'd like the Titanium with the PowerShift thanks
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RD4TW
Who? The majority of the market, judging by the number sold. That's who.

How? All drivers can drive auto, in most applications these days they are also superior for comfort, economy and even performance. That's how.

That's good for her (and others like it, including myself), but that doesn't make automatics inferior to manuals at all. If you want a manual, buy one! (while you can).

Please do provide us with some reading material on this!

That said, I think I'd like the Titanium with the PowerShift thanks
Ah I just love it when people take the opportunity to break down every line of a post. Just for the record my post and this thread has nothing to do with what is "better".

Where did I say that auto's where inferior? I dont have any numbers, and nor do you, on the ratio of auto/manual sales but the EU is heavily biased for manual which you could argue is why we get stuck with auto's in this country so quickly.

You say the majority of the market? Where did you get that from? Of course the majority of sales would be auto if its the only option.

Superior in comfort? What? Showing your lack of skill perhaps? Performance in a Kuga...try again...economy..again show me some stats where a manual has a worst consumption figure than an auto?

In general auto's create more driveline loss..you know what that is yeah? Sure the Powershifs etc are getting good, but so what, shock horror some people enjoy driving manuals. Manuals should also lower the entry RRP by atleast $1-2k.

So while you are looking for some material to back up your claims, the people who want a manual will be busy buying a Tiguan et al that do offer the option...I see your 19...your generation probably think autos have always been standard. If you tell me you got your auto license like most lazy kids these days then please stop posting about transmissions.

So you seem to be another one that is happy for Ford to dictate what the consumer wants..while other companies listen and sell higher volumes.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Ah I just love it when people take the opportunity to break down every line of a post. Just for the record my post and this thread has nothing to do with what is "better".

Where did I say that auto's where inferior? I dont have any numbers, and nor do you, on the ratio of auto/manual sales but the EU is heavily biased for manual which you could argue is why we get stuck with auto's in this country so quickly.

You say the majority of the market? Where did you get that from? Of course the majority of sales would be auto if its the only option.

Superior in comfort? What? Showing your lack of skill perhaps? Performance in a Kuga...try again...economy..again show me some stats where a manual has a worst consumption figure than an auto?

In general auto's create more driveline loss..you know what that is yeah? Sure the Powershifs etc are getting good, but so what, shock horror some people enjoy driving manuals. Manuals should also lower the entry RRP by atleast $1-2k.

So while you are looking for some material to back up your claims, the people who want a manual will be busy buying a Tiguan et al that do offer the option...I see your 19...your generation probably think autos have always been standard. If you tell me you got your auto license like most lazy kids these days then please stop posting about transmissions.

So you seem to be another one that is happy for Ford to dictate what the consumer wants..while other companies listen and sell higher volumes.
For the economy, comfort and performance point, I don't recall the Kuga / PowerShift being the only car / auto on the market? News to me...

And judging by the rest of your post, we may as well cull all automatics cause there is no use for them and no one wants them, apparently.

"My generation" are lazy? "Your generation" makes everything for us to be 'lazy' ;) BTW, I have my manual license and drive a manual, so it's not an issue for me.

And yes, this has nothing to do with the thread, so we may as well quit it and get back OT...
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Falcon manuals use more fuel than autos, and its becoming more common with the new generation of multi speed autos that they use less fuel than a manual. DSG's are nearly always better than manuals for economy.

Good to see that Ford persisted with the shifter buttons on the gearstick that every single journo panned as being idiotic and totally pointless in the Focus

Put some damn shifter paddles on the steering column you idiots, even as an option.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Looks just like a Hyundi Santa Fe....
Super Mega Fugly!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Love it.

It can't come here quick enough.... i want it now!!!
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

If you were a European Ford fan, you could be forgiven for thinking what the big deal with One Ford is. So far, the 2013 Fusion looks like a Mondeo MCA, 2013 Escape looks like a Kuga MCA and whilst Focus looks all new, it still has clear lineage from the Mk2 Euro Focus. IMO things will get interesting in ~6 years time when Ford has to make a proper decision on what styling and packaging decisions to make as opposed to simple consolidation of models.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #21
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Better for who? how?
I hate auto cars, always in the wrong gear at the wrong time, or you'll be going up a hill and it'll be shifting up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down and you're doing like 60km/h not even half way up the hill.

Or in the case of my EL Fairmont it'll take off in second gear, then when you get sick of it, and go to manually shift it up and down gears, you move the lever, it thinks about it for a second then kicks down/up.

Plus they're boring to drive, gimme a clutch pedal and gear lever, the mountain passes make up for sitting in traffic doing clutch in/clutch out in first gear a million times.

Thats just me though, all my cars are manual except my EL Fairmont, same with my parents, they only have manual cars, in fact mum has never driven an auto car before, lol.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #22
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

Shocking... The D pillar just makes me shake my head.... Idiots.
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1982 ZK Fairlane 302 six seater
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #23
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I hate auto cars, always in the wrong gear at the wrong time, or you'll be going up a hill and it'll be shifting up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down and you're doing like 60km/h not even half way up the hill.

Or in the case of my EL Fairmont it'll take off in second gear, then when you get sick of it, and go to manually shift it up and down gears, you move the lever, it thinks about it for a second then kicks down/up.

Plus they're boring to drive, gimme a clutch pedal and gear lever, the mountain passes make up for sitting in traffic doing clutch in/clutch out in first gear a million times.

Thats just me though, all my cars are manual except my EL Fairmont, same with my parents, they only have manual cars, in fact mum has never driven an auto car before, lol.
Using an automatic EL Falcon as your yardstick for automatic cars is a bit like using Rosie O'Donell as your yardstick for female beauty.

Modern automatics do not behave like that. Ask anyone with a ZF auto - they pick the right gear at the right time, kick down is smooth and instant, they drop down gears going down hills to use the engine brake etc. They're extremely refined these days.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
Rodge
Banned

Carbon copy Volvo XC60, (which is not a bad thing), but with Mondeo's ugly rear lights. Judging by Ford's previous track record we'll get this in petrol only sometime in 2016 by which time all the competitor SUV's will have moved on to next generation design
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post