Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Default Cars for sale ads/dates

May I ask if there's a reason why the cars for sale and special/collectable section threads aren't in order of last posted moving to the top of the list?

2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
May I ask if there's a reason why the cars for sale and special/collectable section threads aren't in order of last posted moving to the top of the list?
I suspect it is to prevent "bumping" although I find it difficult to use as is and therefore have not even looked there for the last few old falcons I have bought.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

There also seems to be many now obsolete ads (sold) that are near the top but long gone... This for example: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11315917
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )

Last edited by Auslandau; 07-02-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: ..... moved now thanks ...
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
MAV50L
Banned

I dont even look at the classifieds any more unless Im desperate for something.
Maybe they should be set to auto prune or something.
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We can set them so that only threads from the last x days are visible. Of course, determining what "x" is would be a matter for some debate. As to why it isn't displaying them in last posted order, I'll have to look at the Sales Yard custom code to see if I can work out why.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I've often wondered why when somebody posts it doesn't bring it back to the top. Hard to use the classifieds at times due to active sales being near the bottom of the page.

I always just assumed it was to stop the seller saying "bump" etc, as that's why its called a "bump" - it bumps it back to the top!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It was a chnage made about 2 years ago, IIRC - lots of forums do it this way to discourage bumps (doesn't make it right though), but it's a PITA when you're trying to work out if something is still relevant or available.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Ask in the thread if its still for sale or shoot off a PM? Doesn't take long actually ......

Also if people do not state if things are sold there is nothing we can do.

Also by having them rotating keeps the front page fresh and up to date with older adds not disappearing as quick as they appear.

Also bumps are dam annoying with everyone trying to keep above everyone else.

Also if you think it is a dead ad .... report it as reading every single ad everyday is very time consuming

Also ..... I suggest those looking for bits have a look at the ads as I and literally 1000;s of others have got some bargains from them (and sold successfully)

Also, it is a free service and very time consuming area so any help to keep it up to date is appreciated as it is one of the MOST used and visited sections on the forums and seems some members are missing out!

Any suggestions to this area of course help.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

One little pain I find with the current setup is that from the AFF front page, on the right it shows the latest thread that has been posted in, and the poster.

But the majority of the time this thread isn't the one at the top, it's usually at the bottom of the page, or on the next one.

Wouldn't it be much simpler to have the Sale Yard setup so that each new post brings the topic back to the top of the section, and make a rule that only one bump is allowed per week for example?

Anyone caught bumping there thread continuously or looks to be adding useless info to the thread in order to hide multiple bumps has it removed?

Just my 2c.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I've often wondered why when somebody posts it doesn't bring it back to the top. Hard to use the classifieds at times due to active sales being near the bottom of the page.

I always just assumed it was to stop the seller saying "bump" etc, as that's why its called a "bump" - it bumps it back to the top!
I'm sure if someone had a VN to sell, they would just PM you anyway.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post