Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tattoo

Hey guys. Oh if this in the wrong place please feel free to move it.
Ok I was wondering has any body donated apart of their body to their passion [fords]? I'm goin in on sunday to start my sleave, consisting ot the internals of a clevo V8 and verious other ford related items and logos. I'm doin this because it means somthing to me, and I'm in the automotive trade. And when my Grandkids say 'Grandad' 'Whats that on ur arm?' I can say "Well, Way before you kids were born that is how real cars were were built. And have a story for them on how things used to be. As maybe by then ther will be no such thing as an internal combustion engine [never mind a V8] or even such thing as petrol to run them!!!!!
So if anybody has any pic's or storys feel free to share.

Marquis 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
BOSHOG
avenge me

once completed.............pics or ban
Old 25-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wel i will do an on goin progerss. As I'm booked in on sunday then the saturday after. then money permitting after that. but it will be a top half sleave to start with. I really cant wait to get it started. I'm keen to hear of anybody doin the same tho!
Old 25-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=42077
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

I can't think of any image, symbol, word or saying i like enough to have permanently imprinted on my skin
Old 25-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
scollis

as much as i loooove fords there is only one thing i am passionate about enough to tattoo it on my skin, thats my footy team, being the first person in my family born outside of liverpool,uk, i was brought up following LFC therefore i only have one tat on my right calf i have the "european bird" a wild liverbird holding a liverpool fc scarf in one claw and a champions league ball in the other
scollis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
I can't think of any image, symbol, word or saying i like enough to have permanently imprinted on my skin
I'm the same. thought about the Ford / FPV logo's, maybe a leprechaun given irish heritage or even Elmo, but just cant decide.

guess that means I dont really want one !!!!

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
AussieAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollis
as much as i loooove fords there is only one thing i am passionate about enough to tattoo it on my skin, thats my footy team, being the first person in my family born outside of liverpool,uk, i was brought up following LFC therefore i only have one tat on my right calf i have the "european bird" a wild liverbird holding a liverpool fc scarf in one claw and a champions league ball in the other
So I'm guessing long socks for this week considering the result against Man City
Originally Posted by flappist
Some people drive to go places others go places to drive.......
AussieAV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 01:04 AM   #9
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
When I read that, the first words that came to my head in regards to you were "Ya Mum!" and "Let me put it to you this way....."

I will do my best... no no... make certain that is made into a sticker for your AU

While I love cars in general, there is only one thing I really want tattooed onto my body, and that would be my kids names (when I get round to having some)

Tattoo's to me are like people who look at black cars and say "Love to see them and let other people own them, would never get one myself"
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 02:12 AM   #10
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the Tickford logo, XR logo and Ford logo tattooed on my left arm.. intend on finishing it off with something, just not sure what. Now I have an FPV as well I think something along those lines but maybe not.
I got the tatt because of what the XR meant to me (and still does).
Never have regretted getting it either, it is personal and only people I want to let see it, see it
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #11
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
Tattoo's to me are like people who look at black cars and say "Love to see them and let other people own them, would never get one myself"

I've seriously got to get my butt in gear, been a cleanskin for far too long

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #12
TLC24
Chicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy
I've seriously got to get my butt in gear, been a cleanskin for far too long
Tatt2 probably has enough for both of you!!!!!
TLC24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well do what melts ya butter! I have the ford oval wraped in barbed wire, on my arm!
I`ll never change my mind on what I drive! blue oval all the way buddy!
Old 26-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Word of warning...my first tattoo was when I was 18, it's on my neck, a toxic waste symbol. Very much regret it now!
I must stress people, MAKE SURE you know what you want..
MAKE SURE
MAKE SURE
MAKE SURE
in case you didn't get it...
MAKE SURE
my tattoo looks stupid and embaresses me. My next one will most certainly be different in that it will mean something and not just be a spur of the moment choice.
My next is planned, a falcon with a cobra wrapped around it's talons. The animals not the cars!! But With obvious influence to the cars.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tattoos are something you gotta think long and hard over. Didnt get my 1st tattoo untill i was 30. when my 1st born was born, and its an Irish Cross with my boys name and D.O.B just at the very top of my back/lower neck. So everything I want to get has to have a meaning to myself.
Old 26-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #16
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Word of warning...my first tattoo was when I was 18, it's on my neck, a toxic waste symbol. Very much regret it now!
I must stress people, MAKE SURE you know what you want..
MAKE SURE
MAKE SURE
MAKE SURE
in case you didn't get it...
MAKE SURE
my tattoo looks stupid and embaresses me. My next one will most certainly be different in that it will mean something and not just be a spur of the moment choice.
My next is planned, a falcon with a cobra wrapped around it's talons. The animals not the cars!! But With obvious influence to the cars.
Post a pic. Please.

I got a star tattooed on each of my shoulders one morning after a MASSIVE night out in the city lol we stayed there I told my mates I was gonna get a tattoo and off I went. Pretty sure I was still off chops hahah I regretted it for a few weeks but now I love em and can't wait to get more. I do want the phrase "Arbeit macht frei" across my chest eventually!
Old 26-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #17
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
I do want the phrase "Arbeit macht frei" across my chest eventually!
Isn't that at Auschwitz...?
"work will set you free".....????( i think)

What's the connection there....?

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by KR1STO; 26-08-2010 at 11:01 PM.
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #18
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1STO
Isn't that at Auschwitz...?
"work will set you free".....????( i think)

What's the connection there....?
Yes that was a phrase that was put up at several camps in WW2. But the phrase was around a long time before the nazi's used it. Much like the actual swastika itself. A symbol that had been around a long time before the nazi's gave it the evil stigma that it has.

Quote:
The expression comes from the title of an 1873 novel by German philologist Lorenz Diefenbach, in which gamblers and fraudsters find the path to virtue through labour.[2][4] The phrase was also used, in French ["le travail rend libre!"] by Auguste Forel a Swiss myrmecologist, neuroanatomist and psychiatrist, in the 1920, 2nd Edition, of his "Fourmis de la Suisse".[5] In 1922, the Deutsche Schulverein of Vienna, an ethnic nationalist "protective" organization of Germans within the Austrian empire, printed membership stamps with the phrase Arbeit macht frei. The phrase was adopted in 1928 by the Weimar government as a slogan extolling the effects of their desired policy of large-scale public works programmes to end unemployment. It was continued in this usage by the NSDAP (Nazi Party) when it came to power in 1933.
Anyway, I'm of German background, and I'm of the strong belief of being self made. Working hard can open up many doors and opportunities and set you free. I work my backside off to do the best I can, and I've just moved from Sydney to Perth leaving behind my family, my friends ad my girlfriend of 2 years to work, to open doors in the hope that one day it will set me free as well.

Not that I shoul have to justify my personal choices to anyone but that's my $0.02
Old 26-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #19
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

That's an interesting fact..
Good to see some thought is going into it...
Well done mate...

Cheers

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #20
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Yes that was a phrase that was put up at several camps in WW2. But the phrase was around a long time before the nazi's used it. Much like the actual swastika itself. A symbol that had been around a long time before the nazi's gave it the evil stigma that it has.

Anyway, I'm of German background, and I'm of the strong belief of being self made. Working hard can open up many doors and opportunities and set you free. I work my backside off to do the best I can, and I've just moved from Sydney to Perth leaving behind my family, my friends ad my girlfriend of 2 years to work, to open doors in the hope that one day it will set me free as well.

Not that I shoul have to justify my personal choices to anyone but that's my $0.02
Yes well done mate I'm Irish and my Granny was German which makes me 1/4 German, I left my country 5 years ago leaving all my family and friends 14thousand km's away to make Australia my home! I have found so many new love's, my partner , our new son, and of course aussie fords!!! Lol.
Old 27-08-2010, 04:08 AM   #21
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis 351
Yes well done mate I'm Irish and my Granny was German which makes me 1/4 German, I left my country 5 years ago leaving all my family and friends 14thousand km's away to make Australia my home! I have found so many new love's, my partner , our new son, and of course aussie fords!!! Lol.
Mate well done to you. Sydney to Perth doesn't seem so far now!!
Old 27-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #22
scollis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAV
So I'm guessing long socks for this week considering the result against Man City
nah long pants work better its all good we already have history and under roy hogson we will make more history not buy it like man city, ya cant spend the money man city have and not be successful, if mancini dont win the league or go close this year i guarantee he will b out the door, end of the day....

weve won it five times
weve won it five tiiiiiiiiimes
in istanbul
we won it five times
scollis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #23
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

tattoos dont have to have meaning. for me personally, im spending 2k on a back piece.. so ive spent a total of 7 years working through designs til i was happy.

if you are getting a design finalised.. draw it up (or have it rendered) and place it on your fridge, or somewhere u will look every day.. if you arent sick of it after looking at it every day for a couple months, then youll hopefully not regret it later.
Old 28-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #24
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
tattoos dont have to have meaning. for me personally, im spending 2k on a back piece.. so ive spent a total of 7 years working through designs til i was happy.

if you are getting a design finalised.. draw it up (or have it rendered) and place it on your fridge, or somewhere u will look every day.. if you arent sick of it after looking at it every day for a couple months, then youll hopefully not regret it later.
true about the meaning bit. i have a few & one of them is the grim reaper on my leg. its always been a conversation starter with people asking why i got it but then when i tell them they don't know what to say..

some things are just personal & others are because i like them at the time. i have thought about getting my arm band removed but only so i could fill it in to match up with the rest of my sleeve, not because i don't like it. won't be happening due to the cost & i'll live with it.

I have most of mine i plan on getting done worked out except for my back. i've changed my mind a few times but will get there one day.. can't wait to start on my marvel sleeve tho!
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #25
BOSHOG
avenge me

i agree about the meaning part. i like the art of a good freehand tattoo. i have 30hrs so far on my left sleeve, with another 30hrs to go. i fly to Brisbane to get my work done and i have 2 trips booked in before Xmas this year. my right sleeve is almost complete as well.

anyone that has ever attempted to draw on paper should be able to appreciate the skill involved to draw on living flesh with a heavy (and poorly balanced) piece of metal thats vibrating, not to mention the lack of an eraser lol
Old 28-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

Default tattoo

well each to there own tattoos are not for everybody i like them alot i have a guardian angel on each upper arm that symbolise protecting my daughters and grand daughter whose names are on my forearms a portrait of my late mother on right side of chest and hearts butterflys and roses for my wife on left side all have been done in 11 months you might say im obsessive compulsive i will post pics when i can work out how to make them bigger than a thumb nail cheers gary
ego gtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #27
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats great to hear guys! I love Tattoos with meaning and that are as personal and indavdual as each person that has them!!! I'm in at 9am tomorrow, I will have to be 100% happy with what the artist an myself come up with before pen [tattoo gun]touches paper [skin]
Old 29-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #28
latefordtragic

Guys im a mechanic, but i wouldnt mind getting into an industry where i can make alot of money , i mean an absolute ***** load of cash. I think i found my calling. I reckon in about 5 years time tattoo removal is going to make that load of cash.
Most dont mind the tatts that they have, alot look awsome. But there are quiet a few out there that are obviously a choice made in a drunken state
latefordtragic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post