Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
josh_hartman
Banned

Default Rear muffler on sports exhaust

ok i have a full 2 1/2 inch system on my S1 au 6. on the end of the exhaust it has a little muffler. if i take this of will it sound much louder or deeper? it also has the big muffler in the middle but i know i cant take that off lol. has anyone just got the single muffle or a 3 inch exhaust system. is 3 inch to loud?

josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im guessing you're talking about the rear resonator?? Someone correct me here.. .I believe it will be deeper at certain revs..
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
stiddy
Banned

Yeah it will deepen and burble.
Ive got a 3inch cat back exhaust and its certainly loud, has a great unique note amd an awesome crack to it.. im actually thinking of quietening it down a little.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Im guessing you're talking about the rear resonator?? Someone correct me here.. .I believe it will be deeper at certain revs..
i reckon my rear resinator was removed from the stocko system before i put the 2"12 exhaust on. and yeah it was at its deepest between about 1500 to 2200 then seemed to die of a bit. with the new system its pretty consistent throughout the whole rev range.

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If it's an auto it will drone at certain speeds - usually at 60 and/or 100! Removing it gives no appreciable performance increase so if all you want is more noise, then remove it, but you will eventually regret it - just ask Bucky. He ended up paying more to have a resonator added to his as it was too loud with just the centre muffler.

For some reason, manuals don't seem to suffer from the same droning though, so if yours is manual, then remove it. Just note that it may exceed max noise levels with no rear resonator.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post