Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Dustproof

Default Focus Build problem - Rant - again

Here I go again,

When I took my Focus for servicing (See my other post on Servicing Rant) my wife explained that there is a water leak in the boot section, it runs down the carpeted siding inside the boot not from a seal. It is coming from between panels.

The dealer explained that they see it all the time with the Focus models, it now has to go to a panel beater to be fixed. Apparently it will take several days and is covered by warranty.

This is all very nice but.............. why it is that the Focus has a problem with the build quality in such a manner. Why hasn't Ford got it right after it became a problem in earlier models? Mine is a LS TDCi with 30,000Km's. the design of the car is fantastic - how can a basic fault happen on a production line?

OK.... I am getting down off my soap box now. BTW, I love my Focus and I still think it is one of the best cars I have owned. This considering I am a Holden man from way back.

Noel :togo:

Old 28-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Turbodiesel
Torquer

It may have something to do with it being built in South Africa... but I totally agree there are quality issues that shouldn't be there.
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Yep.. very common issue with the LS models. Tho I had the understanding it was fixed on the LT/LV models.

Anyway, if you take out the taillights you'll find a spot near the top where the roof panel overlaps the pillar panel. It is here that I found a gap in the welding and filled it in with sillicone. No more leaks.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post