Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
LimeGlaze
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Where is the Ratrod/Workshop/Bebop Girls Thread?!?

I'm at my wit's end - I've searched every conceivable variation to try and find a thread from within the last three months showing alot of rat rods, workshop scenes, and girls done up in 40's style clothing, hair and makeup - to no avail. Will someone please help me find it?! From memory (and I could be confusing another thread here, so don't take it as gospel), I recall something about a guy wanting to photshop a XW era Falcon into a workshop scene for a proposed mural, which then skewed the thread towards rat rods, bop girls, and the cars associated with that culture? There were also a few links to other websites (culture/cars/photographers/...) that people also posted for additional info anf pics. Despite my best efforts, I cannot find the thread, and the woman who asked to see it has gone home dejected?!

Old 28-08-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

more than likely been removed.. someone probably posted something a bit too dodgy and ruined it for everyone else..

got some time to kill? look here..
http://killbillet.com/showthread.php...ighlight=girls
Old 28-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

There's a rat rod thread in show and shine I believe?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 28-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76txcoupe
There's a rat rod thread in show and shine I believe?
thats the one LimeGlaze was looking for, i reckon its been removed.
The one i posted was another - similar, but better - thread on another forum, that i posted the link to so if he wanted a fix of pin-up girls and cool cars, he could get one there
Old 28-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
LimeGlaze
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, thats not it. The thread I was referring too, specifically asked people to keep it clean, and not spoil it for anyone - I'll be buggered if I can find it though.
Old 28-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeGlaze
...I recall something about a guy wanting to photshop a XW era Falcon into a workshop scene for a proposed mural, which then skewed the thread towards rat rods, bop girls, and the cars associated with that culture? ...
I remember that thread (fondly : )

I too have just spent a bit of work time trying to track it down.

As suspected it has been removed from public view after someone went too far and spoiled it for all. What remains can be found in the restricted area that can be accessed only by Donating Members (link is to DM details, not the DM_forum).

Worth signing up for this thread alone if you like ogling pinup girls :

Note: The DM forum has more relaxed rules in terms of what can and can't be posted and additional content as an added benefit.
Old 28-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
I remember that thread (fondly : )

I too have just spent a bit of work time trying to track it down.

As suspected it has been removed from public view after someone went too far and spoiled it for all. What remains can be found in the restricted area that can be accessed only by Donating Members (link is to DM details, not the DM_forum).

Worth signing up for this thread alone if you like ogling pinup girls :

Note: The DM forum has more relaxed rules in terms of what can and can't be posted and additional content as an added benefit.
i didnt know that, might donate sometime when i dont need them myself hehe
Old 28-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Whaaaaaat.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 28-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Yeah I didn't know about that either. Is the thread that was removed theboss290's thread?
Time to become a DM I think!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 28-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeGlaze
I'm at my wit's end - I've searched every conceivable variation to try and find a thread from within the last three months showing alot of rat rods, workshop scenes, and girls done up in 40's style clothing, hair and makeup - to no avail. Will someone please help me find it?! From memory (and I could be confusing another thread here, so don't take it as gospel), I recall something about a guy wanting to photshop a XW era Falcon into a workshop scene for a proposed mural, which then skewed the thread towards rat rods, bop girls, and the cars associated with that culture? There were also a few links to other websites (culture/cars/photographers/...) that people also posted for additional info anf pics. Despite my best efforts, I cannot find the thread, and the woman who asked to see it has gone home dejected?!
Yes i started that thread it was moved to the donating member section it was that good of a thread that you have to pay to see it bit rough i thought
Old 29-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #11
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWildGT
Yes i started that thread it was moved to the donating member section it was that good of a thread that you have to pay to see it bit rough i thought
The rules are a little more relaxed in the DM area as it's not public viewing.
Old 28-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
LimeGlaze
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I searched your post history XWildGT, but couldn't find it, and I'm not desperate enough to take the steps needed to see it again - I actually mentioned it a friend I'm building a car for and she was interested to see it - oh well, I'll send her the kill billet link, and she can get a few ideas from there. Thanks to those who relied with info.
Old 29-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #13
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

na htere wasa pinup one as well that was getting regular updates but went south and got removed unfortunatly

if this helps theres a little forum I frequent that does allright http://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com/pin-up-f1/

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #14
LimeGlaze
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those of us still missing out, I stumbled across this page this morning while looking for other info:

http://www.pixbypete.id.au/hotrods.htm
Closed Thread