Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
260 XR8
BORN TO RUN

Default fuel injector problems

G'day I changed my injectors on sat and now the car won't start properly if I turn the car to the on position I can hear the pump but if I try to start it it just turns over if it does start it's very rough untill I put my foot on the accelerator then it runs fine and drives fine just has a problem with starting like it doesnt have enough fuel pressure drive the car turn it off then back on starts fine it's only when it's been sitting for a while.If you turn the car to the on postion twice letting the pump go twice then it normally starts as well, does anyone have any ideas.It used to start ok but would sometimes run a little rough then smooth out that's why I changed the injectors but now have this problem any help would be great,I have tried to reset the computer still nothing.

260 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Im not sure Id be any help but arent you supposed to 'prime' the injectors first prior to full operation? Dont ask me how to do it, I wouldnt know, but I vaguely heard priming injectors could assist in removing air within the injectors???

Im sure someone here in the know will shed some light on your issue

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

TPS and idle speed controller set correctly mate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 02:53 AM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Im not sure Id be any help but arent you supposed to 'prime' the injectors first prior to full operation? Dont ask me how to do it, I wouldnt know, but I vaguely heard priming injectors could assist in removing air within the injectors???

Im sure someone here in the know will shed some light on your issue
i think your thinking of bleeding the injectors on a diesel, someone will correct me if i`m wrong .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post