Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 28-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Shutdown tonight

Good evening

As of 00:30 tonight the forum database will be taken off line for reindexing purposes.

This is a lengthy task that will probably take 4 hours to run.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Good luck for a smooth run. I notice you still run an older version of the vBulletin software, is this due to that it is more stable or have some smart bods on here customised it for Ford Forums themselves and thus updated the code themselves a long way from the standard package?
Old 31-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys,

ive noticed every night between 9 and 10pm the site either goes down or runs extremely slow for about half an hr..? is there a reason for this?

Old 31-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I noticed that too Norm but I thought it was at my end.
Old 31-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I noticed that too Norm but I thought it was at my end.
and here i was thinking it was me!!

Last edited by russellw; 13-07-2020 at 12:47 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Maybe it is? You been sneakin inside my pc again?? :P
Old 31-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Yeah, I have noticed the same thing (Slow site, not 4vman inside my PC).
Since the big crash a few weeks ago I have also noticed Pages time out, etc,etc.
It has Been happening to me anytime of the day. Other sites I have check at the same time have been OK, so not my internet.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I maybe "inside" a few things.. but you're PC's are safe.....!!!

Old 31-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

There also seems to be something wrong with searching. I know certain key words for threads but the last couple of days it will only display a handful of results.
Old 31-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Yes, I noticed last night the Search function only brought up items from yesterday, or very old ones, but nothing in between.

And I also noticed AFF very slow or stopped in the last few nights, I knew it wasn't my computer as the other forum I'm in worked perfectly still. Ahhh, 4Vman's fault. lol.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
Geez Louise
Awesome

Yep..dont blame it on the sunshine or the boogie...this has 4vman written all over it!

I am sure it is just a few teething problems. With a big crash like it had..these things take time to sort out. Guaranteed Russ is onto it!
Old 31-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Same here for me to, website just hangs or dies after 9ish for well over a week now, but all other websites keep working fine.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #13
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Thank god I wasn't the only one with that problem.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #14
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Guys,

ive noticed every night between 9 and 10pm the site either goes down or runs extremely slow for about half an hr..? is there a reason for this?
It's a known issue, Russ has been working on finding what it is, what's causing it and why it is happening.

He has not yet been able to track it down (as of this morning that is) but I'm quite sure he will as soon as he can. It happens at dead on 2130hrs so until the problem is found and a fix is made I would schedule in something else at this time.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #15
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

And here I was blamming the missus for beeing on the other computer and slowly things down, I thought she was downloading/sending big file's, ooppps, shhhhhhhh.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
bob^
LPS

Not sure if this has anything to do with your shutdown, but since then at the top of the page it says "Private Messages: 65535 Unread, Total 59"
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #17
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
And here I was blamming the missus for beeing on the other computer and slowly things down, I thought she was downloading/sending big file's, ooppps, shhhhhhhh.
Na! she was skyping with me... oopps, yeah, i mean im sure she was downloading music....

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Just as an aside - it sounds like you guys have backups scheduled for that time... or i could be wrong in which case ill crawl back in my hole
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:05 AM   #19
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Well its working very well tonight. Russ has done his magic, or am I one of a few on?
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #20
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Well its working very well tonight. Russ has done his magic, or am I one of a few on?
Nuh! 4Vman pulled out is all

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #21
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Good evening

As of 00:30 tonight the forum database will be taken off line for reindexing purposes.

This is a lengthy task that will probably take 4 hours to run.

Regards
Russ
That'll be fine Russ, carry on.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #22
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's been stuffing up quite frequently lately; it's really irritating... I thought it was a problem at my end, but apparently not.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #23
GUTLES
Adam.

Was playing up still for me tonight between 7:30 - 8:30pm..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #24
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity_avisGT
It's been stuffing up quite frequently lately; it's really irritating... I thought it was a problem at my end, but apparently not.
Russell has agreed that I respond to the posts tonight. We have had a painful job trying to get on ourselves. Things are not yet 'fixed' completely and Russell is still working through some nights to repair the damage done from the Server Crash - despite running a business, participating in life and having a relationship.

He spent 50 hours (and that is no exaggeration) testing, tabling etc and frankly he is a bit over it tonight and I have made him have a rest. This is an enormous task for one person and while he has had a few lending a hand (through MSN conversations etc and he is very grateful for that support) it is still is a mammoth job.

A bit of patience people and remember when you see the imput of Russ (russellw), this is a living person not a robot. The AFF is his life and I suppose now mine. Occasionally I step in to give him a bit of sanity - he needs it.

We are grateful we are able to access the site at most times, however the evenings are an issue and there is no clear reason why yet. He will get to the bottom of it.

Regards
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #25
Geez Louise
Awesome

Thanks for the update Gaela.

I am sure Russ is working his hardest to get this fixed and it must be frustrating! Make sure you get some rest too
Old 03-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #26
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gaela and Russell
Maintaining a forum like this is a thankless task - often a PITA, and often all one gets in return is complaints when something isn't to ones satisfaction.

Thanks people.

And no... I don't want extra PM message space...
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post