Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
icer
Winning's Winning!

Default Need some help/info on buying a new BA XR6T

OK, so I have my 300zx on the market now, and looking to buy a BA XR6T.
Looking to have it as a daily with 350rwkw and an AUTO (4sp semi-auto?) on a daily use (not a daily thrash).

I found a decent XR6T BA in NSW (i am in vic). Comes with a RWC but he claims that in NSW you only get your car inspected once a year. Anyone shed some light on that? I dont want to bring it to VIC then I get smashed by all officers/vicroads etc.

Does anyone know the procedures I need to take to transfer a NSW car to VIC in my name?

Here is the info on the car:
-------------------------------

4 speed auto strenghened internally ( standard stall speed ) and 4.11 ratio diff gears ( all calibrated via the computer ,correct speedo reading ) transmission cooler fitted with earls fittings.

Black Leather trim 100% standard inside,no guages or any hints of the power under the bonnet.Excellent sleeper and for less risk for thefts etc.

Premium sound plus all electrics,windows cruise and central locking etc

Very clean and no previous accident damage at all.

It is very standard looking except for -

Tinted windows

2006 FactoryTyphoon rims staggered offset ( 5th original rim as spare with new SP3000 Dunlop ) on the rear with Tickford locking wheel nuts

4 Spot Brembo front brakes with upgraded PBR rears as per early GT's and Typhoons

All suspension is from 06 Typhoon shock struts and sway bars for a factory lowered height and nice firm ride for cornering and stability and best of all legal height with factory lowered springs with higher spring rate.

all ford badges replaced with FPV logo's and all other badges removed.

Now for the good stuff under the bonnet -

SCT X3 Flash Tuner and handset 3 tunes 10 psi ( 92 octane )12 psi and 16 psi ( Premium Unleaded )

42 pound siemens injectors

Nizpro valve springs and retainers

Nizpro Forward facing polished Plenum

Nizpro water neck and polished thermostat housing

Nizpro alloy Rocker cover powder coated factory red

All radiator and heater hoses replaced with black silicon and t-bolt clamps

Radiator overflow replaced with alloy,ECU PWR alloy cover also

PWR intercooler and one piece silicon hoses ( power is limited to 307RWKW as this needs to be upgraded to supplied intercooler )

Tial 50mm Sport BOV

New alloy airbox fitted 100% ADR approved with 6 inch K&N inside with 4 inch piping to a 6 inch bell mouth to the filter

External Earls oil filter for turbo feed line,i replaced the restrictive factory filter and lines with braided and cleanable filter.

TO4Z B/B turbo

Garrett Turbo Beanie

ETM ( extreme turbo manifolds ) steam pipe exhaust manifold ceramic coated silver

48mm Turbo smart external wastegate hidden below firewall,plumbed back into the exhaust and legal.

3 inch dump pipe to an APS S/S 3.5 inch cat and 3.5 approved exhaust very quiet under boost,but i nice note on idle.

Has been tuned on V-power fuel and 12 psi on a Mainline dyno which ussually read lower than a dyno dynamics,and i dont want a debate about which dyno is better.

307 RWKW or 412RWHP and 1080 nm of Torque with the loss of power with the auto makes it very fast........

As mentioned earlier i have a much larger bar and plate intercooler made by Rapid systems to replace the current intercooler which has 2inch hotside and 2.5 inch cold side,the Rapid cooler has 3inch cold side with new ceramic coated alloy pipes and new silicon hoses and clamps and 2.5 inch hot side.

this would only require new hot side piping to be installed ( Rapid sells these pipes including silicon for $295 ) and fitting of course,would definately make more reliable pwer as currently the new turbo has a 2.5 inch outlet so it blows into a smaller pipe and cooler thus heating the air,once upgraded it may make abit more power but it will be relaible and linear,not that it feels the effects on the road it pulls like a freight train.

Also included if the car reaches the reserve is a brand new set of Ross CP forged pistons 20 tho oversize and

a pair of Enkie 17 x 9 rims with ET Street Mickey Thomsons used once just incase you want to race the car.

welded 4 inch alloy pipe and black silicon hose air intake ducting

Genuine 11 second car it ran 12.2 at WSID with the standard turbo making 287RWKW.

The car is located on the Mid north coast at Forster, tuning by Ruff Automotive in Taree the fuel economy is 11-12L per 100km's which is well under the standard FPV Typhoon with alot less power

--------------------------------

That's the advert. I can pick it all up for 21k with pistons/cooler (ill fit cooler) and slicks.

Now that to me sounds like a great price. Since it is a BA and not a MK ii nor a BF is there anythgin I have to look out for? (not like oil leaks etc) but anything I should ask? Cause to me this car sounds great. Any info would be great. Cheers.

Old 15-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
icer
Winning's Winning!

btw i meant ill fit cooler not pistons lol...that ill look into later on
Old 15-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
icer
Winning's Winning!

anyone with info? lol usually id have 20 replies by now. Did i put this in wrong section?
Old 15-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

try posting in the bseries section... you might get some nibbles in there champ..

plus.. it's only been a couple hours...
Closed Thread