Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Benefits of LPG?

Of course we all know LPG is cheaper (and not associated with 'performance' cars).. but does anybody else find that driving an LPG car seems to attract less cop attention? Driving around the western suburbs of melbourne, and sometimes through hoon capital areas, I've seen my fair share of late model P-plate commodore/falcon xr6 pulled over for no apparent reason, maybe for a license check/RBT.. Whereas my XT kitted up to look like a typhoon, lowered, and a polished front mount has never attracted a second look from the police, whether behind me, in front of me, or next to me at the lights?.. not even one encounter with police? : Do cops go... 'hmm.. not a performance/hoon car when they see 'LPG' on the number plates?' After all, if i recall correctly, not that long ago, didnt the police themselves have a bit of dramas with a fleet of e-gas falcons : not holding up to police duties...

Last edited by malazn mafia; 15-07-2009 at 01:16 AM.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
PoweredByCNG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ROFL!

I personally think that the days of "LPG = can't break the speed limit" are over!

Regards,
Dave
Old 15-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByCNG
ROFL!

I personally think that the days of "LPG = can't break the speed limit" are over!

Regards,
Dave
to the enthusiast, this is true, but to the larger community, lpg still equals 'economy' not 'performance'. as more and more cars hit the market, esp from manufacturers, this mindset will change but it will take time.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByCNG
ROFL!

Regards,
Dave
definatly

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

malazn, is your car an XT with phoon running gear, and your licence plates still have the old gas sticker from when it was an XT? If so, well done that sneaky haha
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR6
malazn, is your car an XT with phoon running gear, and your licence plates still have the old gas sticker from when it was an XT? If so, well done that sneaky haha
haha, its an XT with xr6t running gear, still with black door mouldings. And yes, i've kept the gas system and stickers from its former life as a $7K high km XT on injected gas. :
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post