Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What model Focus is this part from?

Hi All. New to the forums. Have just purchased an '08 with smooth pack.

Really nice car to drive. I have gone through the forums and have many ideas of what I eventually want the car to be like.

Can anyone tell me what model Focus this panel is in? It covers the ciggy area/DC plug. Not sure if it flips up or what ever. Just interested in it.

Wreckers my best bet? Any tips for Sydney based Focus owner would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Mark

leakey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
insane_executa

pretty sure i seen this in the LV model, i just ordered one and im 90% sure i saw that there, ill find a pic.

edit ***

yep its in the LV model, heres the pic of the LV LX interior

Last edited by insane_executa; 25-06-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: picture
insane_executa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Insane'. Hmm not many wrecked LVs about yet...

Looks like it would fit an LX though! I was hoping maybe a Euro or US variant might have it.
Old 25-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
rand0mn00b

based on the photo in the first post, it looks like it's inside of an LT (based on the straight bottom of the stereo and the design of the dials)

looks a lot like the one inside my LT Zetec except mine's got faux carbon fibre, not silver. yeah you push it in and it flips up.

i don't get it.. are you saying your car doesn't have one at all? or you want to get a silver one?
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
insane_executa

No problem, theres always idiot drivers out there so just wait a month or two and you'll start finding some parts here and there.
Old 25-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No Random' I just have a hole with rubber mat in it, and the DC plug.

Damn it, do I have an LT or LX? which is the later '08 model? Better consult my manual!! LOL
Old 25-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
insane_executa

you'll have an LT, CL/LX are like base models, except the LX has abit more stuff like alloys. Then theres the ZETEC and the TDCi models. so you'll have an LT as theyre from 06 i think till mid 09, after that its the LV. check your manual should say what model of the LT you have.
Old 25-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds right, I got alloys, leather wheel/gear shift, power mirrors and a TomTom ONE!

That's where I'm thinking of putting it, so if I could get a cheap part to hack up, it would look a lot more integrated. I hate them on the windscreen. Wifey is the only one that will use it, so I'll just be programming favourites for her and she can listen to the directions.

Guess I could fabricate something out of plastic.
Old 25-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
rand0mn00b

sounds like you have an LT (model - there has been LR, LS, LT and now LV) and a CL (equipment level - base is CL, LX, Zetec, Ghia and TDCi)

We know from the year it's an LT, and the fact you have the smooth pack that from memory is only available on the CL. Also I think my mate's LS LX has that cover.

edit: unfortunately the manual won't tell you what spec level you have as it's a generic manual covering all models including the TDCi and XR5..

Last edited by rand0mn00b; 25-06-2009 at 08:32 PM.
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, paper work says LT CL - smooth pack. Glad that's straightened out!

So what do you think? That panel maybe available on other LT models?
Old 25-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

looks like mine in the LT TDCi
Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #12
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

My LV xr5 has one in the faux carbon fibre too. I keep it open and chuck my sunnies in it. I don't keep opening and closing it as every car I know that has a flappy door like that, it's broken.

I don't think I have a dc outlet in there tho... I'm sure I've checked and not seen one. There's one in the centre console but I think that's the only one.

I'm gonna have to go check now.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #13
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey
Hi All. New to the forums. Have just purchased an '08 with smooth pack.

Really nice car to drive. I have gone through the forums and have many ideas of what I eventually want the car to be like.

Can anyone tell me what model Focus this panel is in? It covers the ciggy area/DC plug. Not sure if it flips up or what ever. Just interested in it.

Wreckers my best bet? Any tips for Sydney based Focus owner would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Mark
That pic was taken in a LS (2006) LX...mine in fact :O Although it sounds expensive, maybe even try a Ford Dealer - not all parts are REALLY expensive (just most).
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
BlackLS
yum

Have it on my 05 LS LX - Mine's permanently open.

They are on all 05 Focus LX upward.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #15
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

I have one too, execept its carbon fibre look. always closed for looks, not really big enough to store things, im sure buying it from ford, they would have the springs and tracks for it to open and close aswell. Although from a smash repairs you'll have to ask.