Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Cadabra
Starter Motor

Default Historix & V8 Supercars

Not sure if this will interest any here
but I have just setup an online racing group all beginners

We race Historic Touring & GT Cars 60s & 70s everything you can think of Cortinas, Alfas, Ferraris, GT40, Cooper S, you name it it's there. Theres also Bathurst Legends Monaro's, Xw & Y GT's we havn't got to these as yet etc.

And the V8 Supercar series we run FG & VE Latest 2009 cars, we race on Aussie tracks 1967 Bathurst, Warrick Farm, Amaroo, Oran Park, Calder, 22 Aussie tracks in all.

Software is all free, you just need a reasonable computer, Broadband connection. & $20 Controller, we are all beginners so with a little practice you will be competitive.

Races are Monday Night, Just log onto the server and race. Normally 3 races on 3 Different Tracks.

If interested have a look here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naxaYZi71-c

http://fartcan-racing.forumotion.net/

The forum above will give pretty much all info you need under About Us & General Discussion sections.

If you're interseted contact me either here or under DaveG on our Forum and I will forward the software on a disc with easy to follow installation instructions.

As i said we are a new group and we've just started we even have VOIP now so we talk to each other as we race Ideal for when we do Enduro races with driver swaps.

Cheers Dave

Last edited by Cadabra; 18-06-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Cadabra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

hey mate is it compatible with a g25 wheel?

Can you do time trials when no one is on just to play the game and get a feel for it?
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
hey mate is it compatible with a g25 wheel?

Can you do time trials when no one is on just to play the game and get a feel for it?
Yeah, I mostly play rFactor single player against AI. I've heard it does allow the G25 wheel too. It's good fun

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Violet.

Appears to be rFactor going by the youtube video. The software isn't free (it's not expensive because it's quite old now) but the mod may well be (even tho I seem to recall that you also need a copy of GT Legends to install the mod).

It does support a G25, it does allow you to race the AI and there's a billion different tracks and car mods for it. (I have about 25GB worth)

I'd say the lack of info by the OP is to encourage you to click on his link, which is fair enough, but if you have any interest in car simming and you have a decent broadband connection, it's in the top 10 of most fun things you'll do with your pants on (oops, edit : ) - particularly if you're racing against a bunch of clean simmers. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere..
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
Cadabra
Starter Motor

Hi Violet GT
Yea the guys are right it is rfactor with all the bells and whistles all on one disc. i use a G25 as do most of the guys, although a couple use the thumb stick type Logitech dual action. You don't need to buy any software it's all on the disc, the reason it's free is we are trying to get guys involved, the beauty of it is if we get idiots we just boot them and their access is denied. Most of our guys are from the Z Car forum, decent guys looking to drive a sim and have some fun but there are some clowns who want to get into a V8 supercar and drive head on into a group involved in a race, they don't last long, we had one Tuesday Night practicing he's now gone. as someone said this is very close to the best fun you can have with your pants on especially with VOIP so we can talk while practicing or racing.

Anyway up to you, no strings attached other than you register on our forum so we know who we are dealing with. If you want to get involved sign up and i'll send you the disc.
Old 19-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so you dont have to pay for rFactor? You are sending copied discs to whoever wants one?
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Cadabra
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
so you dont have to pay for rFactor? You are sending copied discs to whoever wants one?
rfactor trial version with extras
Old 19-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

what kind of system specs would i need to run this game mate?
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
Cadabra
Starter Motor

Her'e what you wpuld need
System Requirements
• 1.4 GHz processor
• Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit, Vista (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)
• 512 MB RAM
• Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200
• 128 MB video RAM
• DirectX 9.0c
• 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation
• Internet connection Broadband required for online racing