Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
christos75
Starter Motor

Default Cabin Air Filter?

Hi. Sorry if this has been discussed previously but I couldn't find anything when searching. Does anyone know where the cabin air filter is located on a focus 2005 lx? This is a different filter to the pollen filter which has been discussed previously. I was quite surprised when the spare parts department told me there are 2 filters that I need and I hope they haven't sold me something I don't need. I have already replaced the pollen filter which is located in the passenger footwell next to the fuse box.
Thanks for any help.

christos75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
20focus05
I wanna XR5

I did a post on it sometime ago with pics.
Just scroll down a bit

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=68870

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
christos75
Starter Motor

Hi 20focus05. Thanks for the reply. I know you did a post with pics but that was for the pollen filter. I've already replaced that using your guide. But Ford reckons there is also a Cabin filter which is different to the pollen one. I've googled this and some models have it somewhere under the bonnet close to the wipers. But I've looked and looked for it but can't find it. Maybe it's not there on this model and Ford have got it wrong? It's a november 2005 built LX.
christos75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
BlackLS
yum

I think the LR has the cabin filter under the wiper area. In the LS I'm certain thats the only filter inside.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "I think the LR has the cabin filter under the wiper area". It does indeed and unfortunately the lift-out panel has a tendency to warp and thus lets water in the passenger footwell so you've got to be careful on how you pull it out and put it back in. I know from first hand experience.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
20focus05
I wanna XR5

Christos, OMG Ford got it wrong the previous model(LR) had it up by the wipers but the LS has only the one I showed

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

see http://www.rycofilters.com.au/librar...letin_0306.pdf
Old 27-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Posted this in the Mondeo section, but some might be interested in the below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POLLEN-CARBON...=item5ad5f2c86a

Cost was £11.02 + £9.00 shipping (came to AU$36.00). Ordered on 15th Jan, received filter today (from UK). Quality seems pretty good too. Fits perfectly.

Ebay shop (Doctor Car Parts) seem to have a few pieces for LR and LS/LT/LV Foci.
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
casabonka
You can call me Chris

I hope this isnt a rtfm moment, but how often should it be replaced, and how much need is there to replace it?
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
I hope this isnt a rtfm moment, but how often should it be replaced, and how much need is there to replace it?
Funny where you find info about Pollen Filters and LS/LT Foci:

http://forum.australia4wd.com/index.php?showtopic=9685

I've noticed my A/C is a little dusty (I'm a little reactive to dust). I also noticed my Focus also didn't have a pollen filter installed from factory...like someone else here that fitted a new filter discovered. Oh well, an actual filter in there won't hurt!
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post