Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Default The West Australian Page 5

hey. ive just jumped to the pc to put this up. have a read on page 5. a BA XR6 collided with a hyundia getz. from the quick glance ive had of it b4 i posted the guy in the getz passed away and the young occupants of the xr6 are all ok, theres pics of the xr6 and the front of the car is rooted but the cabin seems to have held together . thumbs up ford this is y i drive a BF

seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
seduced_xr
BF XR6

unfortunatelly after reading it all through now. it was the xr6s fault. p platers are about to get another bashing cos this idiot. 5 in the car 1 in the boot. smashed the getz at 140kmh. im surprised the guy in the boot survived
Old 16-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that was the one in kwinana wasnt it?

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

what the hell was somebody doing in the boot ??
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nowidthstanding the tragic loss of Mr Galestine.

Accidents like these do car enthusists and drivers in general no good at all. If the story is to be believed 140 in a 60 Zone. All in a "high-powered Ford XR6". A story like this is never complete without a bit of sensationalism added to the mix.

Looking at the damage, whilst it is substantial, I find it hard to believe that the impact was at 140Klm.

I'm guessing this is going to flare up another round in the media during the week . All drivers in "hi Powerd cars" will be to blame, or at least pay for it, in one way or another.
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was in South perth.

As for the speed, no it doesn't look like impact was 140. A witness said he saw the car moments before and he estimated it was doing at least double the limit.
I would say the guy braked heavily prior to impact but it was still a huge hit. The Getz was T boned good and proper on the drivers side.

The poor guy who got killed was a driving instructor who empahasised safe driving with young people, how ironic he got taken out by some brain dead moronic teenager hooning (by speed) and overloading his car with passengers to the point he had one in the boot.
Old 16-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #7
seduced_xr
BF XR6

i feel sorry for the poor guy killed and that an xr6 was sentenced to death by this idiot.
Old 17-11-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree. My thoughts go to the family of the poor fellow that died.
Lucky the fire brigade did not have to cut the boot open to see if the young guy was alive or not.
The fact the drivers friend was in the boot should have made this guy think twice about speeding (not to mention his friends in the passenger seats AND others on the road) - its scary enough being locked up in a small black boot in the first place.
The more I think about this story the more angry I get "driving instructor killed by a young guy speeding with his friend in the boot" - non of this should have happened.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 01:08 AM   #9
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersINC
what the hell was somebody doing in the boot ??
With a bit of rope, it can be quite kinky :P

But seriously, young people doing this sort of thing.
I hope the driver's license gets torn up, and they are banned from driving for a bloody long time. If they are caught driving while banned, a $10,000 fine will do nicely.

Oh wait. This is Australia. In that case, make sure you have many spare wet lettuce leaves lying around.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 01:29 AM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it`s hard to put an old head on young shoulders sadly...
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

is it in todays(monday) paper on was it in saturdays edition?

but its fecked up either way

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
XF Falcon
[FORCED]

Apparently some of the kids were sitting on the kerb laughing after it happened, till they found out the other driver died. Those kids need a good slap around the head I tell ya. Giving us all a bad name as well
Old 18-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #13
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XF Falcon
Apparently some of the kids were sitting on the kerb laughing after it happened, till they found out the other driver died. Those kids need a good slap around the head I tell ya. Giving us all a bad name as well
No brain, no pain.
Slap them as much as you want, they'll still think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Don't snap my undies.

Last edited by uranium_death; 18-11-2008 at 08:03 PM.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #14
seduced_xr
BF XR6

i think he was speeding to scare his mate in the boot and the passengers inside the cabin would have been egging him on. even with 6 people (including the driver) there is no way they couldnt have fit 4 in the back. i know its illegal but its a better illegal alternative then in the boot. ive had 4 in the back of the bf easy. 3 streets over tho no main roads.

absolute stupidity.