Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
homer22
Starter Motor

Smile au series 11 ute rear bumper

Hi, i need some tips on how to remove a rear bumper from an au 11 ute, any help would be appreciated.

homer22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
brycieboy

you have to get under the ute, on each side theres 2 nuts, undo them (thye might have a peice of plastic bent over to cover them) you also have to take your number plate off causes theres a bolt under there aswell. theres the wires for the reverse light (if you have it)
brycieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

there are two ways to do it
1: As bnsuteay said
2: there are four bolts that hold the rear bar to a metal bar, the way mentioned before takes this metal bar off with the rear bar.
Alternativly there is a bolt under each reflector and a bolt on the bottom of the bar each side. Undo these and the one under the number plate. Then remove the scrivet's on the top of the bar which are hiden when the tailgate is shut, and the rear bar will come off

You can take the standard bar off without removing the tailgate (for the hinges, they hang in the way of pulling the bar staright off), but it probably safer to take the tailgate off. I didn't on mine and i managed fine with a bit of careful manovering

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
tolly
XLSMARLIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer22
Hi, i need some tips on how to remove a rear bumper from an au 11 ute, any help would be appreciated.
are you putting on a kit?
tolly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
Megawatt Man
Starter Motor

I guess with the passage of time you have discovered that the scrivets referred to are 20x4.5 mm pop rivets at about $4.00 each. I drilled mine out to 6 mm and replaced them with 6 mm stainless dome headed bolts and self locking nuts with a 6 mm galvanised washer under the head to take the place of the 20 mm rivet head, needed to distribute the load over the plastic. When you have the bumper off, clean up the holes in the metal and cold gal them well. It won't be cheaper, but you only have to spend the money once.
Megawatt Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post