Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
AUIIISR

Default The Audacity of Neighbours

During the weekend I had the pleasure of some idiot in my housing complex sideswipe my Falcon. Smashed up my front passenger guard and front bar

Normally im a calm person but this has sent me overboard, The idiot that did it still hasnt come and told me, no witnesses, all I have is the red paint from his car on mine, and visa versa, I took photos of his car and mine and even tryed to go and talk to him, but he nevers answer his door when I knock.

How dumb can he be I even took photos of him trying to buff out the scratches after he'd seen me take the photos of his car. Ive reported the incident and given them the photos but I dont expect much from the AFP being that there was no witnesses.

What can I expect as the outcome, from expirience will he get away with it or will I have to fork out, Its a nice testament (tongue in cheek) considering I had my final payment on the car go through last week!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What??? are saying that the police are not interested???
Old 11-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Report it to your insurer, and give them the photos and his details. Let them deal with chasing it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 11-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
AUIIISR

Police said they would try to contact the other person involved, he has 24 hours to report the incident from the time I lodged my report, then I dunno what happens from there. I told my insurer but I was told that I would have to fork out the excess because of no witnesses, even with photos
Old 11-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

What a pain!! Best bet would be to actually get in physical contact with this person and appeal to their sense of moral descency...

Hound them. I would...

You dont deserve to pay excess for someone else's mistake.

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
Old 11-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you want actual contact, not physical (IE: Biffo) with the person just calmly ask them and point out their car has your paint on it and vise versa take some one with you to verify what is said but dont take a heavy if you know what I mean this could easily become a not so nice situation, so stay calm

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 11-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

How do you know he did it if there are no witnesses?
I had a clown accuse me of backing into his car once in my F100,the truck hadnt moved in 4 or 5 days as I had been real crook in bed,which I explained to him,yet he kept whinging about it and accusing me.
He ended up regretting it and I got a fine in court (not for the car incident)
Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
you want actual contact, not physical (IE: Biffo) with the person just calmly ask them and point out their car has your paint on it and vise versa take some one with you to verify what is said but dont take a heavy if you know what I mean this could easily become a not so nice situation, so stay calm
By physical i meant, not in phone or letters. But the option of a good slap over the head is always available.

FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
Old 11-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #9
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought that if the person doesnt report the accident to the police you now have he could be charged he will get charged for leaving the scene of an accident

the photos should be good enough in my books don't give up on it hound the crap out of him and i would ask the police about that side of it as well it is an offense to leave the scene of an accident maybe you should ask to speak to the officer in charge and see what he has to say i think he will do a bit more thane his other guys

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
AUIIISR

[QUOTE=nugget378]How do you know he did it if there are no witnesses?
QUOTE]

Im still waiting on the police to get back to me, they didnt generate a job number as they hadnt spoken to the other person yet. although i filled out a accident report to make it official.

I though it was an offence to leave the site of an accident..... ill speak to him dont worry about that, calmly of course. my misses used to work for the insurance company im with currently so hopefully I can get her old boss to progress the matter and avoid my excess.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
dave289
Banned

so you mean to say that there are no witnesses to say that you did not see the accident? :
Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ring the police back and tell them there is no need to come now as you just went over and sorted it out for yourself and then ask them if you can be transferred to the ambulace service or do you have to dial 000.

They will suddenly find the time to visit.....
Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #13
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Sorry to say it,but unless he admits it you really dont have much to go on,its not like CSI is going to come out and have the paint forensically examined :P

Yes its an offence to not exchange particulars,but he will have to admit to doing it for that to happen,your pictures dont mean much,as really it could be argued that the damage could have happened elsewhere...
Old 11-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #14
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

I've got to admit those pics arent too convincing.

I agree that theres nothing stopping you from saying you actually saw him do it.

However i guess its to late now..

FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
Old 11-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #15
Wally
XP Coupe

I think if the other guy was fronted by the cops (which he wont be) all he has to say is that you damaged his car and you are trying to shift blame.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #16
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Ring the police back and tell them there is no need to come now as you just went over and sorted it out for yourself and then ask them if you can be transferred to the ambulace service or do you have to dial 000.

Ask them for tips on how to clean blood off a chainsaw
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #17
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not suggesting you do anything illegal however
if it was me and I was certain that it was him.....
which you seem to be I'm affraid that his car would
have a little more than a scratch. I will go as far as
to say that the huge dent s that would be in his body
work would prob match his face nicely. :
Old 11-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #18
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

very small scratches mate, not alot in getting that touched up. don't get me wrong, i'd be right peeved off too.

smash his windscreen.

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #19
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
don't call me a knob, thats not what I come to AFF for.
3 hours later........

Quote:
smash his windscreen.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #20
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be real ****ed, try and talk to him calmly and sort it out. If you insurer wont help you find another insurer and deal with him yourself.

People like that really annoy me, its like customers who get work done and then refuse to pay for it. :
Old 11-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #21
AUIIISR

Quote:
very small scratches mate, not alot in getting that touched up. don't get me wrong, i'd be right peeved off too.

smash his windscreen.
Had my brother look at it todays, needs a new panel, paint front bar

on another note I confronted him and he totally denied it, problem is I have to live opposite this guy and know he did it, using all my strength to not go over and totally destroy his car, Not one ounce of me cares of the consequesnces right now.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #22
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIISR
Had my brother look at it todays, needs a new panel, paint front bar

on another note I confronted him and he totally denied it, problem is I have to live opposite this guy and know he did it, using all my strength to not go over and totally destroy his car, Not one ounce of me cares of the consequesnces right now.
just lie to him and say that you have witnesses or security footage and saying you didn't do it is going to get you in lots more trouble so you own up now or i will take you to the cops and/or the courts, so you have two options, own up or you will be forking out much more cash in the long run.

Violence shouldn't be a quick resort
(leave it to the last resort )
Old 11-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #23
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I think if the other guy was fronted by the cops (which he wont be) all he has to say is that you damaged his car and you are trying to shift blame.
You have photos of the damage to both vehicles, but in court you would have to prove that he hit your car, or in fact did you hit his?
Of course not, but life sucks when this happens!
At least it may be a good time to get those small stone chips on the front bumper repaired now! (assuming you have them!) :
Old 11-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #24
AUIIISR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
You have photos of the damage to both vehicles, but in court you would have to prove that he hit your car, or in fact did you hit his?
Of course not, but life sucks when this happens!
At least it may be a good time to get those small stone chips on the front bumper repaired now! (assuming you have them!) :
Wish he hit it harder, could have at least got me TS50 front bar, The worst thing is I had a B double back into the other side in exactly the same spot about 9 months ago, upside i guess most of the front will be newish after all this is fixed
Old 11-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #25
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

On the other side of the ledger a young bloke ran into the wife Territory whilst we we at the movies.

Did similar damage in a busy street could easily have buggered off but he left his name and number. Saw the note before the damage.

Good guy. I hope it doesn't cost him too much to fix.

Nice to know that there is some good people out there.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #26
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Thats the trick!

Just tell them you are the witness and get on with it...

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #27
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
3 hours later........
nice modding FC, are you a knob as well?

Old 12-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #28
HOEBAG
Banned

haha gotta say the windscreen smashing made me laugh.
if you want to be real evil just smash his side window... do you know how hard it is to get glass out of a seat? i still feel it in mine :(
oh.. and of course make sure there's no witness'.

you don't wanna start tho. it will go on for ages, until one of you sell's out to ACA
Old 12-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #29
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_reaper
until one of you sell's out to ACA
LOL, isn't that today tonights job? AUIIISR, I'm suprised it needs new panels! Wouldn't have thunk it all.

...Long shot, but if you claim it on insurance and they get in contact with his insurance agency, he might get spooked a little into saying yes it was his fault? Becuase in such accidents doesn't an official incident report need to be made? I.E that little mudmap?

Old 12-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #30
billkara

just drain his oil out one night... he'll be up for a new motor in a matter of minutes. and if you nicely put back his sump plug, he most likely wont know it was you....
Closed Thread