Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
XR6 Hulk

Default Dirty sneaky cops... pics as proof!!!!

I was taking a leisurly drive on the Australia day public holiday, just cruising down a steep hill when coppers jump out from behind a rock and book so many cars. Everyone got booked doing 80km in a 60 zone. there no signs, steep decline road, just rolling with traffic, just after getting off M7 Motorway. Just sneaky slimey cops on double demerit weekend, no respect for them...

Cops cars completely hidden around corner, stopped people in a no stop zone, no notice of radar, bottom of steep hill. Have a look at the photos...

Old 29-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Why do you need 2 threads on one subject?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 29-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Hulk
I was taking a leisurly drive on the Australia day public holiday, just cruising down a steep hill when coppers jump out from behind a rock and book so many cars. Everyone got booked doing 80km in a 60 zone. there no signs, steep decline road, just rolling with traffic, just after getting off M7 Motorway. Just sneaky slimey cops on double demerit weekend, no respect for them...

Cops cars completely hidden around corner, stopped people in a no stop zone, no notice of radar, bottom of steep hill. Have a look at the photos...
I think its 60kph unless signed anyway (Depending on area), im not too sure.
Old 29-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where are the pics?
Old 29-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
XR6 Hulk

more photos to come
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (73.1 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (72.1 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (107.9 KB, 293 views)
Old 29-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #6
XR6 Hulk

more to come..
Old 29-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

doesn't look like that much of an decline to me. How hard it is to realise no signs = 50 (victoria). Why can't people be accountable for their own actions? Jeez if I see a decline of some sort coming up i realise ok, some action will be needed, maybe ease off the accelerator and or apply brakes where necessary.
Not hard really, it's all part of driving.

As for the cops being slimey and sneaky? c'mon mature up a bit.

I've had my fair share of speeding fines, no point getting upset, it's your right foot that controls your destiny.
"...remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice..."
Old 29-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, ease off the accelerator is one. Its easy to hold it there and then realise that you are going over the limit.
Old 29-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
tolzero

unfortunate for you, but you will probably find further up the road from where you have come from that the will be a speed limit sign. There is no minimum distance between sign needed if there is no variant in speed ie. when you enter a freeway they only need to show only when the limit changes. Good luck trying to fight it
Old 29-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How far back was the previous speed sign and had there been any streetlights between it and downhill run. Also what exactly was the last speed sign, 60, 80,?
Old 29-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you got booked send them into the council or police shop or whatever else you send them into
Old 29-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

I don't see the need for 2 threads but meh.

If you think thats bad,don't ever come to victoria.
Old 29-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #13
XR6 Hulk

I dont know how far up the speed sign is. they booked about 20 cars in 15 mins that i was there. It was a free for all, families, all types. One asian lady that got booked, when she drove off she slammed up the rear of the patrol car. He did nothing, just let her go. Dont go buying an ex patrol car XR6 Turbo..

Seriously they were at bootom of hill, caught so many people its not funny.
Old 29-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #14
knighto42

Quote:
steep decline road
2nd pedal from the right is the brake... comes in handy in just such a situation.

Quote:
just rolling with traffic
at 20kph over the speed limit

Quote:
Just sneaky slimey cops on double demerit weekend, no respect for them...
Remember that next time you need to call them.
Old 29-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #15
XR6 Hulk

I contacted their boss, within 5 minutes they packed up and fled. they were stopping people half way around a bend in a no stop sign area just past the lights. look at the pics..
Old 29-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #16
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

i thought that if its in a built up area with no speed signs but street lights, its 60, but if its not built up no street lights or speed signs, its 80.

But its a nice little catch they got going on there
Old 29-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #17
XR6 Hulk

Hey bear in mind they booked so many people, it was like a woolworths checkout, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep. I exchanged details with five other people waiting to get booked, we were all completely ****ed off, thought it was an 80 zone. No signs to be seen, big long downhill highway like that.
Old 29-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
XR6 Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
i thought that if its in a built up area with no speed signs but street lights, its 60, but if its not built up no street lights or speed signs, its 80.

But its a nice little catch they got going on there

Your right, it wasnt a built up area where we were travelling but the coppers were in the start of the industrial estate. Still no signs though. there are farms through this area. top of horsley park coming down the hill, can see the city from there.
Old 29-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #19
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha i can imagine it now, sucked in is what i have to say.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighto42
at 20kph over the speed limit
around my area people tend to do a minimum of 20 to 30 over the limit on high street and the adjoining roads, so 'rolling with the traffic' could be quite believable if that place is anything like here.

Hard luck, but as others have said, if you think that's bad, try Bracks County.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #21
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FFS... i can't believe some of the pointless topics and sooking people post about.

Old 29-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #22
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

There's one that I loathe on the other side of Mt Ousley where they often peddle out the camera car coming into Wollongong.

These days it's not so bad since I drive a manual BA, but many years ago when I had an auto XD, to keep the speed limit I'd drop a cog or two and ride the brake to maintain the speed limit. By the time I got to the bottom of the mountain I had very little brake left. If I ever went down Bulli Pass in it, I found that I had no brake left. Just as well the bottom has a sweeping right uphill.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #23
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ohh

I do love these threads....
Old 29-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #24
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I have a solution.

Don't speed !!
Old 29-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #25
Casablanca
carburettor

i posted on your other thread it may not be fair that they were hiding but obviously they have had reports on a lot of speeders along that road, now i'm no angel i used to be very heavy footed and got plenty of fines i've wised up and now stick to the limit.

mate, keep to whatever speed limit you saw last, you can't say that you never saw a single sign anywhere whilst you were driving? i think not. if the sign says sixty even 30kms back and there isn't another to correct i stick to that limit.

unfortunately this is how it is. obviously it's a bad road for hoons so they could catch them.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Old 29-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #26
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

next time try and outrun them. it would make for a more interesting thread than this one
Old 29-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #27
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:

Looked at the photos. Coming into Wetherill Park from out the back of the raceway? The photos don't do the hill justice but a few applications of the right foot (oops, left foot... just got back from the States and driving on the wrong side of the road still has my head all mashed up) should keep you under the limit there.

No need for signs if they're pointing a laser at you. It's only a short strip of downhill road and there's no obligation for the police to warn you to slow down before you're done. There's a 60 sign planted right at the top of the hill.

You're done, cop it sweet.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #28
Casablanca
carburettor

it comes down to he was speeding cops are dogs blah blah blah blah please close this one down as well mods this is just stupid.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Old 29-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #29
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Nature strips, entrance signs - that kind of thing is not private property.....

Maybe the pics don't do it justice but that isn't a really steep decline, and the bottom line is, regardless of whether they were sneaky - you were speeding. you do the crime, you do the time-you have to take responsibilty and stop blaming anything else.

Also, I'd suggest not send ing in all those pics- you may find you have some explaining to do given a couple of those shots appear to have been taken by the driver of the said moving vehicle....

There doesn't have to be a sign every km... it's your responsibility as the driver to note the speed zone, not them to remind you every 2 mins (or less if speeding)

And I'm copying the others but that's nothing compared to Vic.

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #30
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
I was taking a leisurly drive on the Australia day public holiday, got booked doing 80km in a 60 zone.
Hmmmmm?
Closed Thread