Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
nfocus
WTF?

Question quick ?s

"Thats an XR8 ute (I think), I imagine it's been modded though. The latest ones are powered by a 350hp 5.4l quad cam V8."

since im from the u.s. would this be the same engine found in the lincoln Navigator,since there are 2 versions a Sohc 5.4L intech v8 and 5.4L quadcam?

do you guys have mercury cars out there? what about lincoln?

do you guys understand " Yo' Couch?"

are there any cars that feature the new 4.6 V8 3 valve enginges as found in stateside stangs?

nfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #2
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Hi nfocus
Ford Oz used to run the SOHC 5.4 V8 in their luxury models (Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia) but that engine has been dropped from the lineup. The XR8 and GT run a locally re-built version of the quacam 5.4 V8 (dubbed BOSS 260 and BOSS 290/302)

We dont have Mercury, Lincolns out here.

Yo' couch means your couch (?)

We only get the 5.4 litre V8s out here, never gotten the 4.6ers

Cheers, Rob.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfocus
"Thats an XR8 ute (I think), I imagine it's been modded though. The latest ones are powered by a 350hp 5.4l quad cam V8."

since im from the u.s. would this be the same engine found in the lincoln Navigator,since there are 2 versions a Sohc 5.4L intech v8 and 5.4L quadcam?

do you guys have mercury cars out there? what about lincoln?

are there any cars that feature the new 4.6 V8 3 valve enginges as found in stateside stangs?
I believe the 5.4s are the same as the Navigator engines but we have our own intake manifold for the quadcam. Like mentioned we have a 260kw (about 345hp) version which is probably very similar to the Navi engine and used in our performance models. And we have a 290kw (about 390hp) version which has different cams which is used in our "high" performance models. There is a guy on the forums here from the 'states putting the aussie manifold on his 5.4L quad cam Mustang conversion.

We used the OHC 3 valver (295hp) as an optional base V8 across the rest of the Falcon range, I have one in my car. Like The_Fantastic_Ford mentioned, this has been discontinued now since they have stopped production over there. Plus they didn't sell in huge numbers because our base 6cyl is quite powerful and torquey anyway.

We have Explorers but I'm not sure what version of the 4.6 they run. That is the only car. We briefly imported the Mustang Cobra in 2002 but it didn't last long. The only Mustangs we have here besides those are privately imported.

We dont have Mercury or Lincoln, just Ford. Same for GM stuff, we dont have Chevy or Buick or Cadillac just Holden which is like all of those rolled into one. Actually, you guys have had some of our Holdens over there rebadged as other brands. The Pontiac GTO is actually a rebadged Holden Monaro that has had a new nose grafted on it and the new Pontiac G8 is a rebadged Holden Commodore SS with a different nose.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
..........We dont have Mercury or Lincoln, just Ford. Same for GM stuff, we dont have Chevy or Buick or Cadillac just Holden which is like all of those rolled into one. Actually, you guys have had some of our Holdens over there rebadged as other brands. The Pontiac GTO is actually a rebadged Holden Monaro that has had a new nose grafted on it and the new Pontiac G8 is a rebadged Holden Commodore SS with a different nose.
Cadillacs are going on sale on OZ this year. The exact specifications have not yet been released but will probably be in the high end. The Chrysler 300C sells here and is the biggest market for that model outside America. This is probably the reason for the Caddy import.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfocus

Im thinking this refers to the Schapelle show!

But the swear filter blocks out the expletive, to the question looks stopid lol

Truck Yo Couch
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Our Boss motors are a bit different from the Navigator. We use a similar bottom end but Cobra heads, different cams and different exhaust and intake manifolds.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

"Yo' Couch" is what you sit on when your watching the cricket on TV.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post