Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Default Rough Idle

Hi Guys,

Having had the Fez for a few weeks now, I have a list of little things for the dealer to fix when i take it back for the 3,000kms check... but has anyone had problems with rough idle on the first start up of the day?
Because it's been warm here, it hasn't really been a problem, but on the weekend and also this morning , I turn the key and think that Massey Fergusson has stolen my engine and replaced it with one of their tractor ones...... I'm talking so rough the things cuts out, and if i was in my 1960's datto, would expect the thing to backfire. Second start up is fine.
The last 3 days it's been 13-15 degrees (according to dash), so figure it's a cooler weather thing.
Ironically whilst typing this the cust service person from the dealer rang, and whilst they are very polite, clearly doesn't have motor knowledge and told me "I'm sure it will be fine."

Has anyone else had this happen? I must admit, haven't checked leads etc (but if 2nd start up is fine it wouldn't be a dodgy lead) but didn't think I needed to at this early stage... have also re-fuelled at a different place today so will see if it was fuel as well.........

Cheers,

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
Jess85

Is you car auto or manual? I found that if i kept my foot on the clutch in the manual when i started it, everything was good, but sometimes if i just started the car up normal it would shudder heaps or just conk out
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
bru20vt

I had rough idle in my 2006 LX auto. Complained a number of times and had the ECU flashed three times. The last time cured about 95% of the problem.

Strangely enough, an early oil change also seemed to make the engine run smoother and cure the idle problem.

dom
bru20vt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

in my first 3000km my car idled rough and conked out i think the first week i8 owned iut only did it 3 times and since thenh the car has run really smooth, I refueled it once with 91RON fuel and it ran really rough @ idle the revs were flickering really badly. since i have run my car on Vpower (shell) it is purfect
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

It's never had 91RON in it..... today was fine - started first go without any dramas. I figure I'll keep my eye on it for a week and see what happens. Am hoping it was just dodgy fuel, as if it needs to go to the dealer they will need it overnight to try the first cold start of the day........

Ohh, and Jess85 - manual -they don't come in auto.....i start the car when it's not in gear, so don't remember have clutch engaged. That being said, I haven't actively taken notice of whether i still have clutch in - it's one of those habit things you automatically do........

And, it copped it's first dint : . Off to the dint man he goes.... happened on the weekend by some clown in a corolla in the 'persisting' rain. saw the mark of red paint but it came straight off, and when it's peeing down the water drops hid the ding...

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post