Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Default Email scams go motoring

Well as we are a motoring site I though this was funny. It was sent to my hotmail account, I have never had anything to do with Peugeot or looked at their site. I have checked official Peugeot websites and funnily enough this fantastic promotion is not mentioned at all.

So now I have been selected to some next stage of this scam, and if I send them all my details I might win something. Mind you I only have 7 working day to send all my life details to them so they can duplicate or clone me. LOL

PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILES PROMOTION
Peugeot head office, Stamford,
Middle sex, PE9 2YP , London
United Kingdom.

PRIZE NOTIFICATION.

This is to inform that your email have been selected for a cash prize of
£600,000.00 (Six Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) and a brand
new Peugeot 407 Car,From the International online programs held on the
11th of JAN 2008 in London the United Kingdom .

METHOD OF SELECTING WINNERS:
Participants were selected anonymously through a private ballot system
(computer ballot) from over 35,000 Companies and 70,000 individual
e-mail addresses all over the world. At the final draw your e-mail
address Emerged as the winner of our first Promotion.and it is promoted
and sponsored (PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILES).

Hahaha I am supposed to send an email to Mr Brown with all my details to claim my prize. I like all the typos, like Middle sex...and I wonder where in
Nigeria I am supposed to proceed to the next stage of this wondrous offer.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Kryton

i wont the Euro lottery, just got one more payment to make before they send the cheque over.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
i wont the Euro lottery, just got one more payment to make before they send the cheque over.
so did i ... damn u, where is my cheque
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hate that they dont even bother to get wording correct. "great british pounds" ... you wouldnt happen to mean Pounds sterling would you? bah
Old 12-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Theres this other lottery as well where you send in all your credit card numbers.... and if one of them is lucky, you win a prize!!! Grampa Simpson told me that one.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 12-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Forward the email to the Queensland fraud squad, they are very interested in these emails.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

I sent a copy to Peugeot in the UK, they can deal with it how they like.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

just never ends does it . getting bored with it.
Old 13-01-2008, 01:28 AM   #9
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was given some Irish Lotto crap in the mail a couple of weeks ago and looked at it and immediately ignored it.
Suddenly, a bowel movement was in order and we were out of dunny paper.

Join the dots.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 13-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #10
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Peugeot in the UK have replied and told me they are aware of this scam, I hope no one is taken in by it.
Old 13-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #11
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^
Peugeot in the UK have replied and told me they are aware of this scam, I hope no one is taken in by it.
ask for a free Peugeot for your troubles.
Old 13-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Hahah even I am not that desperate...LOL
Old 13-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #13
Werd.
nou

You guys get all the good stuff. I only get wang enlargement emails.
Old 13-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd.
I know a Catholic NUN that gets those wang enlargement emails also not much use to her as well as sperm increasing medication emails
Old 13-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd.
how do you think i feel........i got the ones for breast reductions.
i thought man boobies were in this year?
Old 13-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #16
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny.

Peugeot is a French car manufacturer. Why would they have their head office in London?

Where's my entry? I've never received anything about this competition!

:
Old 13-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #17
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

The head office of Peugeot UK is in London.
Old 13-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #18
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^
PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILES PROMOTION
Peugeot head office, Stamford,
Middle sex, PE9 2YP , London
United Kingdom.
I do realise that Peugeot UK is based in London, just like Peugeot Australia is based in NSW, but as the e-mail states as you quoted, Peugeot Head Office in London? That should be the first warning sign right there!
Old 26-01-2008, 01:41 AM   #19
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

hi guys..interesting to read..i was chasing an xbgs coupe about a week or two ago..i saw it on drive.com.au for 11000... too good to be true..orange in colour/toploader/matching numbers..etc.....to cut it short he moved to england and needs urgent cash for a house..i happen to be in greece at the moment..work related.. and i asked for his details so i can see the car..he is 3 hour flight from where i am..of course he avoids all answers..he wants me to send him the money in ebay custody into his account or some shite and so on.. i said forget about it.. it doesn't end there... last night i (greece is 9 hours and 50 years behind ozz) i was checking sites for a car..including ebay... i saw it there and the only description he had was.. 'rare as'. i remembered reading the posts on this thread from you guys so i sent a love letter to ebay.. this morning it was deleted..even from my favourites.. i still have his emails and sent him a request for his banking details.. we'll see what this knob does.. cheers guys..
Old 26-01-2008, 05:16 AM   #20
mad machs
politically incorrect

Scammers, those crazy lads never give up -

http://www.419eater.com/

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

:
Old 26-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #21
Josh L
Laser Driver?

I love hoax and scam emails. Sometimes fill my work day in wonderfully.

I love those old chestnut emails that get about, HIV in Cinemas, Dangerous Xmas Virus, British Lottery. I always check where they originated from... some claiming to be new have actually been around since the early 90s and such.

I haven't seen the motoring scams yet tho... based on the "lottery" letters tho.
Old 27-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #22
cowboy
Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycles4eva
hi guys..interesting to read..i was chasing an xbgs coupe about a week or two ago..i saw it on drive.com.au for 11000... too good to be true..orange in colour/toploader/matching numbers..etc.....to cut it short he moved to england and needs urgent cash for a house..i happen to be in greece at the moment..work related.. and i asked for his details so i can see the car..he is 3 hour flight from where i am..of course he avoids all answers..he wants me to send him the money in ebay custody into his account or some shite and so on.. i said forget about it.. it doesn't end there... last night i (greece is 9 hours and 50 years behind ozz) i was checking sites for a car..including ebay... i saw it there and the only description he had was.. 'rare as'. i remembered reading the posts on this thread from you guys so i sent a love letter to ebay.. this morning it was deleted..even from my favourites.. i still have his emails and sent him a request for his banking details.. we'll see what this knob does.. cheers guys..

This one pops up on ebay quite regularly, like the XA GT coupe for 15,000. I like to have a bit of fun with them now. Ask for photos from particular angles and see what excuses they come up with for not being able to send them. If I'm feeling mean I even ask for bank details and tell them the money is on the way, then report them to ebay. Just wish you could back hand someone via email.
1930 Pontiac Landaulet
1932 Pontiac V8 sedan
1935 Pontiac sedan
1937 Pontiac 8 sedan
1948 Pontiac silver streak
1949 Ford F3 pickup
1953 Pontiac Chieftain
1955 Austin Champ
1957 Dodge Power Wagon
1967 Jeep Gladiator
1975 TD Cortina
1978 F100 4x4
2006 GU Patrol ute
Old 05-02-2008, 02:59 AM   #23
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy
This one pops up on ebay quite regularly, like the XA GT coupe for 15,000. I like to have a bit of fun with them now. Ask for photos from particular angles and see what excuses they come up with for not being able to send them. If I'm feeling mean I even ask for bank details and tell them the money is on the way, then report them to ebay. Just wish you could back hand someone via email.
yea i also asked the qld. fraud squad on reporting it cause im concerned he may have my name from email..meaning he might try to access my details from anywhere..they have given me the departments to report it.. as for the loser scammer he is now waiting more details from me to proceed.. ebay replied to me and confirmed that under no conditions do they deal with the money exchange from seller to buyer and no holding bay available..or no warehouses through ebay..definite scammer..!!! there was also an xy gt in the glo mustard colour as he quoted..15000 for an original xy gt..cool..i want 3..and why are they allways from 11 to 15 grand?
Closed Thread