Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
silversubi
Starter Motor

Default want to purchase AU III Forte but...

Hi all,
I need some advise on oil consumption. I have the opportunity to purchase an AUIII on lpg but I'm a little worried that the car uses 1 litre of oil a month. The current owner drives from Lara (next to Geelong)to Melbourne every day and back and as a result the car is on 280 000 k's. Should I go for it? It also makes a loud clicking noise when reverse is selected.

Many thanks

silversubi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

depends on price but the oil consumption sounds excessive. you really should not need to top up between oil changes. to put things in perspective though , you can pick up a low K engine for an AU for around $500 i'm talking under 100K so if the car is cheap enough it still might be worth it
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
silversubi
Starter Motor

Thats what I thought, but the price ($6000) seems pretty good. The body and interior is in fantastic condition and with a 11 month old lpg system im really interested.
silversubi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post