Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
GTP290

Default Brock Falcon

Ive noticed with the recent death of the great man that Brock Commodores are rising in value at a substantial rate. Some people might think ive been smoking some illegal vegetable matter when they hear the two words BROCK and FALCON together, but its true! Brock joined Ford in 89 and brought out the EA BROCK FALCON, although it lacked any racing pedigree like the rival BROCK COMMODORES, They were modified 4.0 litre 6 cylinders, the last one i saw for sale was around the 8000 dollar mark about a year ago. Will these cars rise in value like there rival Holden produt, or will they just be seen as a vehicle that was a good idea at the time? I dont know whether these cars were praised or otherwise, what do you guys think?

GTP290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The EA Brock Falcons were 3.9's....Not 4.0's. But yeah, I've noticed the steady price increase in the Brock Falcons too. There was also a small production of Brock NA Fairlanes too.
Old 21-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #3
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

If anyone doesnt beleive you, steer them towards the website for the museum that has all his car, including one of these falcons.

Unfotuntely i do not know the adress lol, but i came across it last week and saw they did indeed have one there
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

besides the awful wheels i spose they are ok

Need a Windscreen? www.windscreensmelbourne.com.au
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 03:53 AM   #5
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Didn't they get the whole Fairmont/Fairlane treatment? And I thought they were all slightly worked but I must have been wrong. I still wouldn't mind one though, just to show the Brockie signature on it to all my holden fan mates haha.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
LTDHO
The one and only

There are a few in AFF too.

here is this discussion months ago.

here is an AFF members car.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #7
dave289
Banned

ea 3.9.this car is an insult to the legend that Peter Brock was and does not deserve to carry his name on it.period.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
ea 3.9.this car is an insult to the legend that Peter Brock was and does not deserve to carry his name on it.period.
Well when your back is against the wall, You've got huge lease payments on a factory in Port Melbourne and you cant get cheap cars out of Holden to do the Brock range of Group 3's and your race team is using left over bits/using credit cards to pay for things and the ATCC is moving towards a "Formula Sierra" series then you do what you can to get the money in.

It's why he did the Lada deal as well, he needed the $$$.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Not as much as the Lada Samara he put his name too.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Not as much as the Lada Samara he put his name too.
i do remember this now that you mention it.a further insult to the legend.now that you mention it i wish i had'nt remembered
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #11
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
And there's nothing wrong with that. The Brock EAs were his creation, so it deserved his name on it. And in all honesty, the 3.9 litre engine in the EA is not as bad as people think (just as long as you get it with the multipoint fuel injection). In fact they are hardly any worse than the 4.0 litres in the EBIIs and EDs. The 3.9s can just keep going, and with a manual behind them, they can be quite quick too. I know this well. I have done over 100,000kms of driving in my EA 3.9.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
Flaming Jack

I entirely agree. If the car is an insult, then he must have been insulting himself... it was his creation.

I remember being a poor P-plater and wanting one of these, as they are something different with the Brock name and not very expensive. That was when I was driving around around an old EA S manual with the 3.9 multipoint engine.

The EA S manual isn't such a slow machine (quoted by Ford as doing 0-100m in 8s flat, and I reckon that wasn't too far off). Mine had around 375,000km on it and was still going great. Once you get the head gasket done properly they just keep going.

Addressing the original question, I have noticed the Brock EA's going up slightly in value lately.

Flaming Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
GT 4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
And there's nothing wrong with that. The Brock EAs were his creation, so it deserved his name on it. And in all honesty, the 3.9 litre engine in the EA is not as bad as people think (just as long as you get it with the multipoint fuel injection). In fact they are hardly any worse than the 4.0 litres in the EBIIs and EDs. The 3.9s can just keep going, and with a manual behind them, they can be quite quick too. I know this well. I have done over 100,000kms of driving in my EA 3.9.
Agree with you there my EAII Spac 5spd went hard no one could beleive it especially my mate who had an x pursuit VP 5.0 auto with 185kw supposedly because every time we raced i flogged him. also my parents had a EFII XR6 manual and dad always said it never had the pull and get up and go as my EA
GT 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #14
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

They weren't modified to produce more power were they?
Old 22-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #15
GTP290

its a pity Ford didnt have the windsor engine until 92, atleast then it would of been more of a collectable then the 6 cylinder he brought out, but to be honest I wouldnt buy one of these cars, id rather buy a v8 or turbo 6
GTP290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
Flaming Jack

From memory, I don't think the Brock Falcs were specifically modified to produce more power, but I could be wrong. I do remember reading that they had better extractors and different exhaust fitted, so that could make some difference.

Flaming Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #17
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 4eva
Agree with you there my EAII Spac 5spd went hard no one could beleive it especially my mate who had an x pursuit VP 5.0 auto with 185kw supposedly because every time we raced i flogged him. also my parents had a EFII XR6 manual and dad always said it never had the pull and get up and go as my EA
The main advantage the EA had over the EF was lower weight. While I wouldn't say my EA is super quick, it still surprises a few people. My EA manual with 2.5" exhaust but stock cat, manifold and cam beat an ED manual with 2.5" exhaust, extractors and upgraded cam.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #18
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertman EF
From memory, I don't think the Brock Falcs were specifically modified to produce more power, but I could be wrong. I do remember reading that they had better extractors and different exhaust fitted, so that could make some difference.
Cam, twin cat headers, head work, & inlet track work. 155KW It made a difference all right.

BTW to those that call it an insult to carry his name.
He would sell his name to the highest bidder, & in 87 Holden dumped him & Ford took up the name later. The Brock Falcons were without doubt the best Falcons Ford had at the time. But Ford quickly worked out the guy was a fruitcake & got rid of him. :
As did BMW, Volvo, & LADA..

Pitty he wasnt a bad driver as long as he had better gear than everyone else.

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680

Last edited by sbutler; 23-12-2007 at 03:03 PM.
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post