Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
mhenstri
Starter Motor

Default Focus Ipod cable

Hey guys, i finally picked up my new Focus tonight. Now i'm home i went to connect my iPod, but can only see the standard Aux connector in the glove box.

I ordered the car with the ipod cable and it is on the invoice. i always assumed it would be a cable that would connect to the bottom "dock" of the ipod. Am i missing something here or does it not come into the glove box, or has the dealer forgotten to fit it???

If anyone can describe what i should be looking for it will be greatly appreciated.

PS I'll get some photos of her up once all these storms have passed over tonight

mhenstri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never got an IPOD cable with my XR5. So I picked up a cable from a mate. But what you need is a cable which has the same connection at each end. Bascially the same that is on your ear phones.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
mhenstri
Starter Motor

does that let you control the ipod from the steering wheel controls????

I thought with the proper for one it would connect to the bottom of the ipiod and charge it and also allow it to be controlled from the steering wheel. I cant see how they can charge $150 for a stereo lead. if thats the case, they can remove it
Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
mhenstri
Starter Motor

Thanks for the info, but i found a pic of the one that goes from rear of stereo to ipod dock connection which is what i was after. I'll take that down and show it to the dealer tomorrow and see what he has to say.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

You wont be able to control the Ipod Via the stereo control stalk afaik.

The cable is a rip off.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #6
mhenstri
Starter Motor

The one i found online from ford in the US connects to bottom of iPod and powers the ipod and says the stalk will work to navigate the ipod.

I guess i'll know more tomorrow after i speak to the dealer again.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #7
kcbworth

unless theyve changed with the new line of focus then AUX in the glovebox is what you get?
kcbworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

The US is completely different im afraid. We have the Mk2 Focus here, Not sure if you bought a MK2 or a MK3. They still have variations of the MK1.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #9
MattyZetec
Starter Motor

After a lot of research I can confirm that no such cable is available for the Australia-spec Focus - the Aux connector in the Glove box is what you get.

However.....there is a local company that imports the "Connects2" gear - see link below:

http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/C...pod-to-OEM.seo

They have confirmed to me on the phone that they have installed one in an LS Focus and it worked perfectly - including steering wheel controls. Off the top of the head the cost was $380 installed - but it might have been less.....
Old 15-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #10
mhenstri
Starter Motor

OK, the ford dealer is looking into it. i thought the Aux connector was standard and there is an optional labeled "Ipod" cable, which i thought was a bit specific to be a generic (AUX) input. i thought you could get one similar to the US cable as the option, cause if the Aux in glove box is standard, i dont know what they are charging me $150 for.

I'll update this when the dealer gets back to me.
Old 16-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
mhenstri
Starter Motor

Looks like you guys were right, Ford Australia dont carry the ipod connector so they are going to refund the $150 they charged me for it.

On a related note, does anyone have any experience with the Monster iCruze products?? or is there another good system of getting the ipod powered and running through the stereo??

Thanks for all the info so far guys
Old 17-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #12
MattyZetec
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhenstri
..... or is there another good system of getting the ipod powered and running through the stereo??
See my post above regarding the Connects2 product. This is a great product which should do exactly what you want.