Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
MADED-6
MADED.6

Default where to get gas

well i am thinking about putting the ed on gas but i would like to no if anyone on here can get it done cheap or somewhere they no that isnt to pricey and that do a good job.
i have my reasons for doing it and u will find out in the nexr few days those reasons.
cheers josh.

MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Rob
Living the dream

Josh, I was looking at gas conversion a while back, Rapidflow in hoppers were reccomended to me by a few people. They're not cheap, but everyone I've spoken to has given them the thumbs up. I was looking at a gas research setup, I think it was about $500 after the rebate..
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

I recommend Rapid Flow in Hoppers.
Price wise, I thought they were pretty good.
Basic OMVL gas setup in Geelong was 2400, where at Rapid Flow I got Gas Research with twin B2 converters for 2500.
Tuning wise there good, and have tuned quite a few LPG turbo falcons.
If you want a pic of my twin B2 setup, let me know
Old 13-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
frd_crzer
:D:D

there is a place in lock ave in werribee josh, im not 100% sure of the name but i know a few that went there for there gas. its cost about 2.5k but u get the 2k back from rebate
Old 13-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #5
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Heinz

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #6
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah sounds good guys thanx for ur info ill go check out rapid flow and let u's no wat i get.
cheers josh.
Old 14-07-2007, 04:08 AM   #7
kpcart
Banned

I just got my auto ed converted to gas. Cost $3235 (In WA its higher prices) for kit and installation. On monday im taking the gas system over the pits, a formality required to apply for the government rebates, $1000 from WA government and $2000 from Federal. Its a Sprint gas system (quad valve).
Looks very neat and tidy underbonnet. Performance i notice has dropped under hard acceleration, on petrol i can wheel spin quite easily on tarmac, now its harder, but luckily, i can press the switch to change to petrol when at the lights (car doesnt need to be turned off for this) and i have petrol power if i need a fast get away or a standstill burnout. But for general slow cruising, which is 95% of what i do, the torque feels the same and so no notable power loss in slow driving, and now i will pay $20 to $25 a wheel for fuel (lpg) instead of $50 a week petrol fuel, or perhaps less, thats the difference i had in my old duelfuel ZK fairlane.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #8
frd_crzer
:D:D

Quote:
I just got my auto ed converted to gas. Cost $3235 (In WA its higher prices) for kit and installation. On monday im taking the gas system over the pits, a formality required to apply for the government rebates, $1000 from WA government and $2000 from Federal. Its a Sprint gas system (quad valve).
Looks very neat and tidy underbonnet. Performance i notice has dropped under hard acceleration, on petrol i can wheel spin quite easily on tarmac, now its harder, but luckily, i can press the switch to change to petrol when at the lights (car doesnt need to be turned off for this) and i have petrol power if i need a fast get away or a standstill burnout. But for general slow cruising, which is 95% of what i do, the torque feels the same and so no notable power loss in slow driving, and now i will pay $20 to $25 a wheel for fuel (lpg) instead of $50 a week petrol fuel, or perhaps less, thats the difference i had in my old duelfuel ZK fairlane.
i know what ya mean mate. but alot of cars with dual fuel does this. the only gas cars that i know of that this doesnt happen to is straight gas.
Old 14-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

MADED bought ORSM54'S old turbo ED, so now he needs his current ed as his run around..

If I were you MADE, i'd chuck the driveline from the new car into the ED, and use the marone EB as the daily + gas!
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #10
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah i was thinking about that shuresm but i dont no about the hassle plus the eb is so much lighter than the ed so it goes harder.
but we'll see how we go.
cheers josh.
Old 14-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #11
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADED-6
yeah i was thinking about that shuresm but i dont no about the hassle plus the eb is so much lighter than the ed so it goes harder.
but we'll see how we go.
cheers josh.
Turn the boost up 1psi, and your power to weight issues *disappear* ;)

It would be a lot of hassle, but well worth it probably!
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 14-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah true but i bought the car so i can stop working on the ed and have the eb to do crap on.
so swapping everything over would be a massive job.
i mean id have to swap the motor/turbo and the other motor and all wiring on both cars and cut holes for cooler piping wen the eb already has it.
id rather up the boost in the eb and make the power to weight ratio even better.
cheers josh.
Old 16-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #13
kpcart
Banned

i thought the ed made up for the 50kg or so weight gain, with the 9kw power increase on engine?? so you get a slightly heavier car in the ed, but safer, and slightly more power, so should still be similar speed... i dont know ive never looked into e seriers 0-100km times, but they wouldnt be too different, only 10/ths of a second, which can be made up other ways, tyres especially. how many kilometers will your boosted turbo eb engine last? is it worth increasing boost is your not using it as a racing car? i mean in normal driving, is there a difference at low revs and following speed limits? my ed on gas, seems abit less powerful then petrol, but only when really giving it revs (ie not very often, seems fast enought at half to 3/4 throttle for me). and it can still do easy standstill burnouts etc. on gas at lights.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #14
nothin suss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubas
I recommend Rapid Flow in Hoppers.
Price wise, I thought they were pretty good.
Basic OMVL gas setup in Geelong was 2400, where at Rapid Flow I got Gas Research with twin B2 converters for 2500.
Tuning wise there good, and have tuned quite a few LPG turbo falcons.
If you want a pic of my twin B2 setup, let me know

I just got a price from rapidflow for gas on my DC 5litre... $3000 for a gas research system, B2 convertor, all new components, 80litre tank behind seat.
$200 extra for a donut tank...

So it will cost $1000-$1200 on the road after rebate, plus better plugs, new dizzy and leads which is reccomended before a gas conversion...

Thinking about it but will have to do some sums me thinkst..

Rapidflow is the only place i would use, ive heard nothing bad. I previously owned a VK Commode, twin convertors, twin t/b etc and was real good thing... Never let me down. Altho it chewed gas, about 40litres per 100klm cruising along! But you get that if you wanna do top gear donuts

Old 17-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #15
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin suss
Never let me down. Altho it chewed gas, about 40litres per 100klm cruising along! But you get that if you wanna do top gear donuts
Why would you convert to gas, it would cost the same as petrol to run!!