Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
Kanook
Starter Motor

Smile Question about Havoc Kit Rear Wing Light and Seals

Gidday everyone, This is my first post and wish to say hello to all.

I purchased my first AU last week

Our other car was a 96 Fairlane and we thought it was time to go a bit newer on a limited budget. Was going to buy a Magna, as we have had one before, but on our trip to Brisbane and after looking at One Million used cars : We finally settled on a very nice 2001 Ser2 Au, 107,000 klm, with the Havoc body kit put on at new, 18" wheels, one previous owner who purchased new in 2002 , he gave us all the the inside and outs on its condition etc, as we bought it from a car yard, he had just traded it in on a new SS Comode.

Anyway after checking everything we noticed that the Stoplight in the Wing doesnt work, apparently the leads are getting power there but ligts not working, also the wing has some sealant around where it joins to Boot, Cant notice it that much but I know its there and want it gone.

My question is does the Havoc Kit wing come with some form of seal kit?? To stop leaks without having sealant showing?? Would Ford sell these as they put it on originally?? Also how do you get the light out of the Wing if you need to replace it ?? I think the light is L.E.D. but not sure, if it is would be surprised if it has blown because I assumed L.E.D.'s last for good.

My last question involves the stero controls on the steering wheel, If I press volume down it goes down, but if I press volume up it goes down as well?? Any suggestions on that one??

Well thankyou for your time and may I say as a first time AU buyer so far I am very happy with the car, looks great with the kit and drives very very well, also I have seen some great advice on these boards and I sure to read alot more here to get up to srcatch on this vehicle.

Again thankyou for your time.

HooRoo

Ps If it is allowed I will post some pickies up here.

Kanook is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

with the stereo controls they use different resistors on series to do the job sounds to me like one is open circuit so you get the same value for up and down. does the seek function work? if not the replace the switch unit
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Welcome to the world of AU!

I also have an AU with the Havoc kit, unfortunately I couldn't tell you about sealing the spoiler but I know mine needs to be done as well.

As for pics being allowed, they're more than welcome, head over to www.aufalcon.com and you'll be able to check out most of ours, as well as posting up pics of yours. I look forward to seeing it!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry i didn't notice the first post bit ( brain on strike) welcome to the AU Falcon. Hope you have deep pockets because one you come here the urge to mod is hard to resist sounds like a nice car BTW . May it give you many years of pleasure
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
Kanook
Starter Motor

Thankyou for the replies. I will go to local Ford Dealer tomorrow and ask about the wing if there are seal kits etc, I will also ask about the Volume control switch, the seek does work.

Have got thru 50 pages so far on this forum reading about peoples issues and advice and will sit down on the weekend and read some more. Even found and answer to that annoying anti-carjack feature that only allows drivers door to unlock and need to press remote button again for other doors, now I only need to press once for all doors, Woo Hoo :-)

I am quite surprised at comfort and handling, the last Ford I owned was an old XC with a 351 (back in the good old days of affordable petrol :-( ) I used to carry spare door handles in the glove box LoL, Hope for d have improve door handle reliability, Guess only time will tell.

Thankyou for the replies and will post some pickies on weekend.

HooRoo
Old 06-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

arent lights and stuff covered under the RWC? then shouldnt the dealer be responsible for fixing it and not the buyer...thats what these things are for arent they

see what it covers...if its gonna be a bit to get fixed then charge the dealer

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
Kanook
Starter Motor

The trouble is the Au has a Stop Light on the parcel Tray, plus the two rear stop lights, with the road worthy the stop light on the wing doesnt have to be functional as well :-(

Went to local Ford Highway Robbery Parts place today, there are no seal kits for the wing, they did have them but cant find them on system anymore ?????? The little Stoplight in the Wing you buy as a whole unit, and it costs an incredible $240-00 !!!!! I nearly fell down on the spot!

I will have to start hunting around to try and find one elsewhere, I am not paying $240 for a piddly little light. As for the wing seal I might try a few panel beaters as they must fit these things all day long. I cant believe that Ford dont have the seals? Considering all these new cars that come out with wings.

I dont know why I was so shocked, with our 96 Fairlane we are selling at the moment I went to order a new Interior light above door in rear, and as typical that model Fairlane is the only model that has that shape and type of light, and as is typical because the car is just over 10 years old Ford dont stock parts to suit, they did find one but it was the wrong colour so I declined, the cost of this little light was $57-00, I think Im in the wrong business :-)

I just switched the broken light with the one under the sun visor, that will do, next buyer will have track one down for themselves.

But I do want to track the light down for the wing on my AU, any suggestions on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

HooRoo
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanook
Have got thru 50 pages so far on this forum reading about peoples issues and advice and will sit down on the weekend and read some more. Even found and answer to that annoying anti-carjack feature that only allows drivers door to unlock and need to press remote button again for other doors, now I only need to press once for all doors, Woo Hoo :-)
can some one point me in the right direction for that information?

i cant find it anywhere

cheers
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #9
Kanook
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark180227

i cant find it anywhere

cheers
You have to press both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time and hold them down. The indicators will flash once and a second or so later they will flash again, after the second flash release buttons and your done.

Door unlock will open all doors at once, if you want to go back to original just repeat process.

Hope that helps.

HooRoo
Old 06-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #10
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark180227

i cant find it anywhere

cheers
From memory, its hold BOTH lock & unlock down together, until your vehicle lets you know its registered the change (I can't remember but I think the indicators flash, or the doors cycle a couple of times - believe me, you'll know when its done).

Was the first "mod" (if you could call it that) I ever did to mine when I got it

edit - I took to long typing my response, Kanook beat me to it.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post